(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Bombing Ideas

Go down 
+3
Saffron
Klingan
Yarbles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:18 pm

I read that this was discussed in the meeting i.e. we dont do enough bombing anymore:

In the previous meeting we also discussed minimum commitments for continued squad membership. I am not sure this is still the mood of things but:

Put them together and I would propose that everyone in the squad should do a minimum of 10 hours a month in a Bomber.

What do people think?

I have other ideas and would like to put together small bombing forces of 3 groups of 3 which are well targeted with practiced accuracy and not relying on escourt as this has proved a weakness. The reason I think some people have stopped bombing is because of the perception of long bombing missions that often fail.

I think this can be easily adressed but first I would like the minimum bomber hours considered at least as then everyone will become skilled to a degree.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Ha 10hours?

Just join one of Floats bombingmissions. They go on forever lol!
Back to top Go down

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Well if i had to meet that 10 hour part, ii pass cheers . I spend that much time in a B-25.
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 4:17 pm

10hrs is nothing for the core of (+) members. I think it's a good idea that all members hit 10.
Back to top Go down
Floatsup
Colonel
Colonel
Floatsup

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Klingan wrote:
Ha 10hours?

Just join one of Floats bombingmissions. They go on forever lol!

Sure, we can do this. 4 sector run with an RTB. cheers tongue
Back to top Go down
WalrusC
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
WalrusC

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 12:38 am

I don't think we should start telling people what they have to do with their time to stay in the squad. I have been in the squad since it was about a month old, and we never have done that. I think the only requirement should be that you fly with squaddies a reasonable amount of time (whether you're in a bomber, fighter, vehicle, or like me, a parachute). Some people, after all, can only fly 20 hours a month. They might not want to spend half their time in bombers. We shouldn't make them feel that they are not doing their part to contribute to squad goals. The ultimate squad goal being, in my opinion, to have fun with an awesome bunch of guys such as yourselves.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 2:58 am

I believe it was the april squad meeting (last sunday of the month 2pm EDT, as usual) that we did vote on having squad members at least fly 10 hours a month or risk getting cut from the roster.. we have a few members on the roster that have been N/A for 1 or 2 months straight... thats where that came from.. a way to prune out the inactive members...

however I dont think the 10 hrs should be required to be spent in bombers, but thats just me...

all of this is worthy of discussion at the next SQUAD MEETING.. Smile which will be June 29 at 2pm eastern. if we could get more than 10 or 12 of the 29 members of our squad to show up, that would be something!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 7:54 am

WalrusC wrote:
Some people, after all, can only fly 20 hours a month. They might not want to spend half their time in bombers. We shouldn't make them feel that they are not doing their part to contribute to squad goals.

Yeah I can see its unreasonable to ask people to do half their tour in bombers its a very good point in my opinion anyway.

At the last meeting there was a discussion along the lines we dont do enough bombing as this is how we started I guess and this is what we used to be about.

Maybe things have changed in that regard Cool

As I have said elsewhere I am interested in combining tactical and stategic missions to seriously deprive the other country of its ability to defend itself. I think Ordanance, Radar and AAA could be taken down for long periods. I am going to research waht can be achived and then the hard part will be getting people to come along on missions study lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:01 am

kvuo75 wrote:

all of this is worthy of discussion at the next SQUAD MEETING.. Smile which will be June 29 at 2pm eastern. if we could get more than 10 or 12 of the 29 members of our squad to show up, that would be something!

I will E mail people nearer the time.

In the meantime we could discuss the matter here maybe. I would be interested in putting together a core of Bomber pilots to run missions at a particular time each week. I think as few as 4 or 5 people could get together and make a real impact which could then be exploited by Knights in General. I think this is an element of the game we dont fully exploit.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 1:33 pm

the last major organized bombing run we did was not exploited by the knights at all.. on sunday, after the meeting we had 10 sets of bombers.. we shut down 2 bases, one of them for 2 cycles, and still no real knight effort.. every single hangar dead at 2 bases, but there were still 20 fighters in the air, and no knights to mop up. some poor sap flew a goon right into them.

it seems we're more _effective_ as a squad when its just loose collaboration between 1 or 2 or maybe 3 guys in bombers, and the rest do whatever's necessary..

last nite, point in fact.. reiner and myself came from 2 different bases in 2 different types of bombers, but killed fh's and vh long enough for floats and rest of the crew to kill town and curnutte to drop troops (with like 5 buildings still up ) lol! but it worked! and by the way it was fun as hell!

the thing is, i remember the huge 3 or 4 base ambitious bombing runs used to work, too! or maybe it was just our imagination.. i mean the hangars are only down for 15 mins, by the time you hit the 3rd base down the line, the first is back up, and if nobody captured it, the whole excercise was a waste.
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Close Call   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Yep the mission last night to 119 was a close one for sure I asked Floats is it ok to drop and I swore I heard Yeah Nutte bring them in , I don't recall the part about hold on the actual drop though , but nevertheless it was a great feat on my part . ( Bragging Rights for 1 week ) Thanks guys for killing town fast enough to pull it off .
Back to top Go down
WalrusC
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
WalrusC

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:48 pm

That was an awesome capture. I had one of those really fun 45 minute sorties in which you use up all fuel and ammo/ords, on that one.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:26 am

kvuo75 wrote:

the thing is, i remember the huge 3 or 4 base ambitious bombing runs used to work, too! or maybe it was just our imagination.. i

I never remember more than one base being taken from these at a time but they did prevent other airfields supporting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Bombing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bombing Ideas   More Bombing Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

More Bombing Ideas
Page 1 of 1