(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3 for 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 am

I have 3 posts but didnt wat to clutter the place up too much.

1) I am not the only one who thinks Floats is Ill but hasnt heard anything about it could someone post what is going on with him. I wish him well and hope someone is in contact.

2) Look at the weekly scores. Isnt it time the rest of you pulled your fingers out. If Floats isnt around I am the only one who will hold out against the horde of Klingans taking over the Board. We need action now before we are completely over whelmed.

3) Here I could be on thin Ice but I think when there are 15 of us on the same channel we need to opperate more finely tuned inclusive plans to take bases. The main problem with Missions is everyone takes off at the same time from the same base and often we need to be hitting different places at the same or different times to take an objective. Here the radio can be usefull and different sub groups given different objectives rather than just a couple go after something and then rely on the horde. Of course people have to be sensitive th the whole mission and not change their mind half way through but properly organised bomber groups with enogh height can usually throw the eway open. I dont mind trying to run some opperations of this sort if people will do as their faking told and listen ahhhhhhhhhhhh Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

lol! lol! lol! scratch drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:28 pm

1. Im not sure if he wants anyone to talk about it on a public forum (only he can decide that) but ill send u a PM

2. lol!

3. Im not sure what you are trying to say but, sure go ahead tongue
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Klingan wrote:

3. Im not sure what you are trying to say but, sure go ahead tongue

lol! lol! lol! tongue

Well whatever I do if I dont have the full support of you and Vuo throughout I find myslf pissing into the wind Wink

What I would like to see us doing is isolating a particular base for capture which requires destroying nearby ords and VH'S sometimes. This means co ordination of several groups rather than posting a horde style mission which is often easily defeated where surprise is lost.

Yesterday you an vuo did a good job of taking one base by bombing down hangers and then went onto a second which proved more stubborn. If you had involved me and Chungo who were ready at the same time as you we could have had a co ordinated atack taking down adjacent bases vh and ord for example. As it was the remaining 13 people on channel had to summise or ask what was going on.

I realise its a challenge and a drag to have to deal with some of the folks but as the "senior officers" thats you role lol!

You should try and use what you have effectivley. Some people may seem to be virtually useless or so obtuse and argumentative its easy to give up on them but they can at least be cannon fodder. I know the majority of our squad are happy to be given mission related tasks to carry out and can usually achive them. I know that sometimes they will pretend not to understand or do exactly the opposite of what you say because they have had a bad day and want to wind people up but this is the exception.

Generally if we throw 15 or 20 people at one easily defended base we loose more than we gain but if we atack a number of related targets to isolate an objective we draw our enemy in a number of directions and are more likely to gain the central target. Especailly where we lack surprise.

Precision should be used in that way and not as a rabble horde Wink

Last edited by Yarbles on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 pm

What you might missed is that right before you logged on we took 5 rook bases in a row. Sure only 1 was defended but still.

Me and Kvuo decided it was time to hit Bish. From there it got kind of messy lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Klingan wrote:
What you might missed is that right before you logged on we took 5 rook bases in a row. Sure only 1 was defended but still.

Me and Kvuo decided it was time to hit Bish. From there it got kind of messy lol!

When I came on I was proudly informed of these five captures. I then made the social "foix pas" of saying "were any opposed" reply "well one was".

I thought the shift to rook was an inspired one anyway but people were not sufficiently informed and then the follow on over to rook was piecemeal.

You and vuo understand the game as well as anyone ive met. I wish you enjoyed trying to tell people what to do as much as much as I do lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 8:19 pm

again, as Ive brought up before, we dont always NEED a whole mission..

when me and kling took off in b17's for v7 and v57, there were already several people on the ground in gv's.. we had no idea of the status of the hangars, just figured if any were up we'd drop em.... we did so at 7, and knights were able to take the base (which was the objective)... when we got to v57, hangars were already out of phase, so we hung around and knocked them down as they popped back up for 20 or 30 mins... in retrospect, we probably shoulda dropped the vh at the airbase that spawned in, but fuck. we had troops there at 57 already, we thought we'd have it as a nice bonus, then they started spawning in m3's and m8's and flying fighters in there..

at that point its totally fucked.. we didn't think we'd need more bombers originally, we didnt know they were gonna send every frickin bish up there to defend it.. so either we plan on them defending, and when they dont, we sit around with complete overkill and nothing to do, or we plan on easy capture, and get blown to shit... ya never know.

oh and by the way _two_ bases were defended on our lil' rook roll (by 1 person at each) lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 am

kvuo75 wrote:
again, as Ive brought up before, we dont always NEED a whole mission..

oh and by the way _two_ bases were defended on our lil' rook roll (by 1 person at each) lol!

I totally agree with the first statment. Sometime just waiting on the runway for 5 min waiting for likeminded ppl will be enough drunken

And to the second statment i say: We rock lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 pm

A bit like 57 its fak nose what is going on here now but my point was:

When I am at home my missus like most women expects me to intuitively know what she is feeling and what Iam supposed to be doing.

If their are people available lets use them and offer them something to do to support the objective. If only 2 people are involved in something and there are 15 available the others may even be damageing the objective eg bombing hangers out of sequence if they dont know what is happening.

If your the 2 senior officers and there are 15 on channel and some are asking about a mission I would say clearly we are planning to bomb x,y and z and we need people to get ord down at q and vh down at x and the rest to take x and y as the hangers drop and kill gvs on the ground in about 5- 10 minutes and if someone joins halfway through and says what is going on tell them. I dont think its overkill if we are hitting them elsewhere in support as it diverts their players and confuses them as to what the target is.

It seems sometimes like you 2 just shoot off on your own private adventure without letting anyone else know what is going on. I would make suggestions if people dont do what you suggest fine but half the time they are asking for something to do and get a silence back. Vuo and Kling have a very good grasp of the game and what is needed but they need to involve more people in my opinion. At 57 Saffron drawing on his own knowledge without instruction got onto the key vh but as I said Chungo and I were ready and available from the start and could have been assigned a supporting role.

Of course it may only be me in which case I appologise and my wife will be delighted that I am going to need to sharpen up my intuition and telepathy scratch

Anyway fuk it you both do a great job as it is. I would do more but really I am still learning the strategic side.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Well Yarbles you are ofcourse right in everything you say as usual.

I just think you came in after we wound down after the earlier basetaking.

Next time just smack us around alittle and we will get back up to speed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Klingan wrote:

Next time just smack us around alittle and we will get back up to speed Twisted Evil

Suspect Is this agreeableness got anything to do with you coming to visit in 2 weeks today and not wanting to sleep in the garage Question

I dont expect Vuo will be so sympathetic to criticism but we shall see. Anyway keep up the good work and you'll get a bed indoors lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Suspect Is this agreeableness got anything to do with you coming to visit in 2 weeks today and not wanting to sleep in the garage Question

I dont expect Vuo will be so sympathetic to criticism but we shall see. Anyway keep up the good work and you'll get a bed indoors lol!

3 for 1 Parano193 for 1 Parano193 for 1 Parano19

lol!
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Klingan wrote:

i dont mind criticism at all...

i think klingan has it right, we were kinda winding down anyway, i really wasnt planning on anything other than helping the knits that were already there take the base.

we werent really sure what was needed, just wanted to do a lil bombin run. in the future i suppsoe we should give everyone a lil time if they want to come along, etc.
Back to top Go down
choker41

choker41

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:26 am

I blame myself for V57 not being taken. As Reiner (I think) had the goon on final approach main pad popped. Kvou immediately dropped it and got a kill. I heard the secondary explosion and Kvou confirmed hanger down with a kill. For one reason or another there was one still alive. Well I dropped my ords to go kill a fighter coming in. Then the dredful words of one got out. Sry guys, thought I could help. Instead I eagerly dropped ords to kill the fighter coming in (which I did).
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am

choker41 wrote:
I blame myself for V57 not being taken. As Reiner (I think) had the goon on final approach main pad popped. Kvou immediately dropped it and got a kill. I heard the secondary explosion and Kvou confirmed hanger down with a kill. For one reason or another there was one still alive. Well I dropped my ords to go kill a fighter coming in. Then the dredful words of one got out. Sry guys, thought I could help. Instead I eagerly dropped ords to kill the fighter coming in (which I did).

I am sorry Choker but I cannot accept your explanation. Its noble of you to fall on your sword like this but I think youve been used. I can detect evidence of a top down conspiracy here with likely Bish infiltrators in our midst. We lost allot of good people at 57 and we deserve the truth to honour their memory. As soon as I find out where i left my medication I will petition for a full independant board of enquiry. cyclops

url=https://servimg.com/view/12302658/33]3 for 1 Parano19[/url]3 for 1 Parano193 for 1 Parano19

Last edited by Yarbles on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

3 for 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 for 1   3 for 1 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:25 am

The truth is that it was Choker that wrote that, not Stroker Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 for 1 Empty