(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Plastic Medal of Tour 106

Go down 
+5
Mobius
Floatsup
Klingan
Medic71
Yarbles
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:57 pm

kvuo75 wrote:
whatever score i got so far, is purely by luck. .

Yeah I am sure your right:

You have been lucky in the MA.

Lucky when I have flown with you,

Consistenly lucky when you are flying in atack

Lucky in the team events (except the last one).

Did you loose your rabbits foot or four leaf clover on Sunday. I ll get you your lucky gold medal asap.

I dont think the DA is the be all and end all. Anyway top 3 for sure cheers
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:00 pm

I have been kinda holding back on all of this, waiting and feeling the waters out. Here are my thoughts on the whole medal thing.

I believe there should only be three medals.

1st One given to a squad member for over active participation with help of out of game activities. Those that step up and go an extra mile to gain or do for the squad. (IE shirts, the website, planning activites)

2nd One given out to a Member who shows a ranking of Top 3 in any style Fighter/GV/Attack/Bomber. Lets face it, with 4000 players and rank in the top three in that class is well done.

3rd One given out to a squad member who shows the courage above and beyond of whats called for by a squad member. (IE: If a person sacrifices them self to save a mission, or when the squad is in a gv attack bails on there own to grab supplies to help that last push into a base) I feel that this act needs to be caught on film or witnessed by three or more members. Also needs to be voted on by the squad as a whole in the monthly meeting.

I think this would be a fair balance of medals and honor what the squad is about. The current medal statistic will not allow some of us to achieve. There are some of us who are not fighter aces, so each month we will see the same names placed over and over again. Again my feelings, would like to hear from you guys..... Bow
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:19 am

I could swear, someone warned us about awarding medals based on scores. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

PostSubject: FPM of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 am

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 am

kvuo75 wrote:
I could swear, someone warned us about awarding medals based on scores. Very Happy

lol! lol! Ur an Asshole
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 am

Medic71 wrote:
I have been kinda holding back on all of this, waiting and feeling the waters out. Here are my thoughts on the whole medal thing.

The current medal statistic will not allow some of us to achieve. There are some of us who are not fighter aces, so each month we will see the same names placed over and over again. Again my feelings, would like to hear from you guys..... Bow

I am not a fighter Ace scratch

Not everyone can achieve in every area all the time though everyone can if they want to scratch

Because some people want to work on their fighter skills at this time I dont see that takes anything away from anyone else. Ok there is a standard that can be achived in fighters. I ve got my foot on the first rung of the ladder with no paticular talent and some application. Anyone else can do the same thing, but becasue not everyone is doing it (and lets face it is low key) then no one can confused confused

Really if that is how the squad thinks I am way out of step here ThumbsDown

When I joined all we did were bomber and 110's and you got allocated prime targets in bombers based on your abilities and fighters and GV's counted for nothing. So we have re focused for all of 3 weeks.

If it works over 3 tours as a system we could re focus on another area after that while still flying the usual missions. I am bored with just flying missions I want to get good at this now and learn in a squad of some at least like minded people. If that isnt what people want to do we should have a CO who matches whatever the majority vision is for the squad. Ill step down and the squad can re evaluate whether its back to basics or some other direction.

I didnt want to be CO so I could say I am CO I did it because what we have built so far has come into question and I think I can evolve the squad. My advice is live with it for 3 Tours and see where it takes us. People are trying to get in and no one is leaving. If at the end of that its not a success think again.

I am going to carry on for 3 tours or until the meeting replaces me.

Last edited by Yarbles on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:55 am

I am with you here Yarbles.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 9:29 am

cheers thanks Kling

If it gets more people on Board we could ? re focus on Bomber, Atack or GV next tour for a tour. Now I know it will not be easy to devise but I think not impossible either. I would stick with fighters for another Tour though as this is where I think we need to work now but if people want to shift now speak up.

Please Remember this is a sideshow and not the main business of the squad which is missions and events. Remember (except for Vanscrew lol! ) allot of the respect people get in the game is for their skill anyway and if this works it will help the squad to focus on this. Its an experiment in many ways and needs to run its course but if GVers and Bombers or ground atack types need a turn we can come to that.

If we cant recognise our own people for skill and achivement we will never be the awesome squad we could be in this game
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

PostSubject: FPM of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:39 am

I like your idea Yarbles, rotate medal catagories at the beginning of a new tour and starting after the next tour. I have no problem with continuing on with the fighter program although i'm not that interested in flying fighters at this time.

Bow Yarbles
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:03 am

Ean1 wrote:
I like your idea Yarbles, rotate medal catagories at the beginning of a new tour and starting after the next tour. I have no problem with continuing on with the fighter program although i'm not that interested in flying fighters at this time.

Bow Yarbles

I would allow the fighter medals thread to sink and put up a new one with the relevant criteria for whichever type of discipline. If this becomes established the meeting could decide what we work on for the next tour though alongside existing missions and events and in balance with them. The fighter thread would be resurected when it was back on the agenda. Criteria would be devised and then modified in the light of trial and error.

What would you go for next Ean?
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

PostSubject: FPM of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:10 am

Bombers should be next i think. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 am

Ean1 wrote:
Bombers should be next i think. Wink

Fine I would like one more tour in fighters after this but if there are objections fair enough it can be resolved at the meeting I guess. Then if we have another tour of fighters we could vote on bombers the tour after. That would be my 3rd Tour as CO when I automatically come up for re election.

I think we have a real opportunity to develop the squad here, lets not waste it because eveyone cant be No1.
Back to top Go down
Floatsup
Colonel
Colonel
Floatsup

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:50 pm

I want the smiley that pisses on the thread. Can we do that. My 2cents GOT JACKED
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Floatsup wrote:
I want the smiley that pisses on the thread. Can we do that. My 2cents GOT JACKED

I like that praying one from AH2 to go with "GIVE ME STRENGTH" lol!
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 am

Fucking My 2cents GOT JACKED ERS
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 10:10 am

Sorry no new plastic medals to award at the moment.

Thudman has told me he would like to put in for top Asshole but I told him he is not in the top 5.

Should I publish the top 5 as we have nothing to rant about at the moment
bounce lol!

Currently I am of course no1 and then 2 seasoned adversarys strongly tied for no2, then we have what would have been a rank outsider a few weeks ago coming in at no.4 and showing some real promise. Finally an old stalwart who has mellowed and probably doesnt deserve no.5 anymore.

Thud is no 6 lol!

Seriously Thud you dont even deserve no6, your not strong enough in the pompous self righteous category sunny

BTW I appreciate competition in the ass holian sphere may cause jealously and resentment as well as take away support from other areas like the principle business of the squad which is of course Ur a Fucking Cry Bab as well as the occasional My 2cents GOT JACKED and the ever popular Saff's Wife or general jerking off.

But rest assured I will be monitoring this and everyone may not be equally assholian but everyone has an equal chance to be an Asshole which i have surely proved.

Anyone who is not happy with the situation please refer to this from now on Ur a Fuckin HOMO unless you want a shot at the top 5.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Names we need names!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:00 am

Klingan wrote:
Names we need names!!!!!

No we dont I am just going to call you no.5 sorry I mean 7 from now on. I think some names may be better than others so from now on we should all have no.s. Its fairer.

I of course am No 1 lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Klingan wrote:
Names we need names!!!!!

No we dont I am just going to call you no.5 sorry I mean 7 from now on. I think some names may be better than others so from now on we should all have no.s. Its fairer.

I of course am No 1 lol!

Ur an Asshole
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Ur an Asshole[/quote]

Succintly put and yes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Plastic Medal of Tour 106   First Plastic Medal of Tour 106 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Plastic Medal of Tour 106
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3