(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

For the Meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: For the Meeting   Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 am

This is the first thing we need to consider for adoption or ammendment at the meeting I strongly suggest.
"We are going to be having a monthly meeting soon and I think we need to start discussing how we are put together becuase:

1) We are becoming very established.

2) We are going to start with the merchandise again soon.

3) I hope we can arrange more get togethers and events.

4) Inevitably there will be money involved.

5) I think we all want things to be fair, transparent and democratic.

I think there are 3 elements to Precision currently.

1) The monthly meeting which is the all powerfull referendum on everything. It appoints and replaces the CO and ultimately the commitee and is an opportunity for people to air their views. (I think some sort or quoracy if that is how it is spelt should be established here, I would suggest 10).

2) The CO who has the day to day running of the squad and can make policy and decisions but can be overuled and or replaced by the meeting. (The CO administers the established promotion criteria up to 1st LT)

3) The commitee which deals with promotions above 1st LT and merchandising etc. (I think ultimately it should be drawn exclusively form the ranks of ex CO'S with one or 2 newbies to represent that point of view) I think its precise role and powers need to be established.

I would add a fourth elements which is we should have principles we should try to stick to:

1) We should always uphold the principles of equality so that everyone in the squad has an equal opportunity of being promoted, getting on the commitee or being CO. Anyone who is not interested in any of that should always have a squad they can participate in without prejudice and enjoy.
(Floats please read this and stop bending my ear)

2) No business should be carried out behind closed doors though the commitee may meet as a committe they should report back to the members.
(Commitee please take note)

3) No member should be excluded from anything based on performance though some very basic level of commitment could be required should there become a shortage of spaces in the squad in the interests of fairness.

4) Any member at any time can challenge the commitee or CO at the meeting and call for a vote of no confidence in either. In the case of the commitee its particular decision would them be overuled, in the case of Co a new CO would be elected at that point if the members voted the existing CO out. affraid

Now I realise this is not everyones "cup of tea" but if you have anything constructive to add please do. It is certainly not the CO'S job to make the constitution but I want to suggest ideas that eventually might get ratified at a meeting. Decisions at a constitutional level usually require more than a simple majority.

BTW I for one dont anticipate this being a regular part of our squad business or us needing our lawyers present at meeitngs If we provide people with a fair and descent track to run on we ensure the long term survival of the squad irespective of who's around and who is CO etc.

If we can do this I would hope even if I left the squad, or anyone else left it would still up and running and better than ever in say 5 years time".

Please comment if you have anything usefull to say about this or any ammendments

I think Marc created whatever structure there is and I as ELECTED CO am PROPOSING this which I think everyone will see is open and fair to be amended here by YOU if you want to and addopted by a vote at the next meeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: For the Meeting   Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:16 am

[
Please comment if you have anything usefull to say about this or any ammendments

I noticed you said usefull. Directed at me Yarb? Like I really care! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: For the Meeting   Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:47 am

THUDMAN wrote:
[

I noticed you said usefull. Directed at me Yarb? Like I really care! lol!

confused Your comments are always usefull Slap lol!

Seriously they are, you represent your viewpoint well which is clearly as valid as anyone elses and generally you make a contribution and turn up to events. Dont start giving yourself or me a hard time I have My2, Floats and Medic for that. Ur a Fucking Cry Bab

They have voiced there opinions in various ways what I am looking for is people to say whether they want this constitution or some version of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Meeting   

Back to top Go down

For the Meeting
Page 1 of 1