(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LC - Spyware

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:43 pm

study This can be used by anyone with spyware or AD problems study
Well seeing as you obviously need to clean your PC (no more "no-no sites" for you Evil or Very Mad ) here are some simple steps (always follow the directions the program gives you) this will take several hours and requires Comp restart so print this:
1) Download/install spybot/AVG/Ad-aware 2007/CCleaner (all free)
2) Open Spybot and Update and then Immunize
3) Run test on Spybot (search & destroy button) then select all problems and hit "Fix"
4) Open Ad-aware (it should ask about update) if not update manually
5) Run test (full scan) and when finished hit Quarantine then Fix
6) Open AVG update it as well (this one is always open and updates daily)
7) Run test (hopefully no problems found by this one) then fix if anything is found
8: Open CCleaner and Run on both Windows and Applications
9) Open My Computer>right click on C:>Properties>Tools>Defragment then hit "Defragment"
10) Same up to Tools>Scan disk select both options then restart computer and test will run on startup (this one may take an hour or 2)
11) Have an up-to-date Firewall if you don't have a third party one use Windows Firewall (good one is Zone-Alarm but windows works fine)
11B) To turn on windows firewall go to - Control panel>Security Center>Windows Firewall then turn it on
12) Go to the Start Menu and select the "windows update" (should be at the top)
13) Once open follow directions and select "Custom Install"
14) Select ALL available updates and download (this may take a while)
15) When all done open CCleaner and run it again to remove all temporary files.
16) Run Defragment again for good measure (or just hit analyze, it'll tell you if its needed)
17) Finished! cheers
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Nice Mr. X   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:16 am

Very nice instructions there Excelsior and I copyed it also for future use , this looks good , see college is paying off and just think I only went to rodeo clown college ( failed ) but learned alot . LOL thanks Mr. X Basketball
Back to top Go down

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: ty   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:46 am

That took a while to write heh. Also collage had nothing to do with this...I learned all this on my on time. I've had to fix and clean 8 computer in the past few months and some of them multiple times so it's normal routine now. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Of course "Collage" didnt have anything to do with it scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 pm

stop critisizing my speeling Kilgan. Besides Collage is a word:a work of formal art, primarily in the visual arts, made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole. Razz study
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: ya   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Wat heeee sed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Well if anyone has any questions about any of that let me know. Idea Also anyone that uses that list don't skip ANY steps...it is important to have all that done, skipping something may cause re-infection and possible PC failure after some time due to spyware.
Back to top Go down

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: oops   LC - Spyware EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:54 pm

I just noticed i forgot a step or two that are important. Between steps 7 and 8.
Steps i missed: Go to your internet browser and uninstall the "toolbar" if you have one, may be from Yahoo or something similar. (this may be a helpful bar but it contains spyware 80% of the time) To remove click on the far left button and there should be an option for "uninstall"
Next: Go to Add/Remove Programs (Start>Control panel>Add/Remove) and remove ALL unused/non-important items, this may include programs you used once 2 years ago and haven't used again. Exclamation DO NOT remove programs you are unsure about, if it comes from Microsoft DON'T remove it unless you are sure it is not tied in to other programs. Exclamation NEVER remove Internet Explorer, I don't care if you hate it and never use it. I can't stress it enough, if you remove Internet Explorer it will ruin Windows no matter what operating system you have

If you have any questions confused about what can/can't be removed just ask and i will let ya know. study
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:42 pm

do you suggest avg over avast! ? i run avast! and like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LC - Spyware Empty
PostSubject: Re: LC - Spyware   LC - Spyware Empty