(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)

Go down 
+6
kvuo75
zack1234
Medic71
Floatsup
Klingan
Yarbles
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) Empty
PostSubject: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 12:26 am

As a squad capable of regularly raising a force of 12 or more for events etc should we consider our strategic pottential?

What would be the effect of us upping 14 heavy formations on a small map and simultaneously depriving an enemy of:

1) Their ammunition facotory
2) Their Radar factory
3) Their fuel reifinary
4) Their Troops
5) Their AAA facory
6) Their City
7) And simutaneously their HQ

Each takes from my experience in tour 98 takes 2 sets of heavies (Lancs or B24 Ideally).

I believe the effect of each element to be cumulative with the city supplying all but only important if they need supplying and if the city cant supply them.

Should we attempt this at some point and enjoy the ensueing crushing effect. We would need to be instrumental in the follow up but timed right I believe HQ, ord, troops, AAA, supples, fuel would be down for hours tongue Twisted Evil

We could make this a squad sunday special event of our own and see the effect.

I could plan such an atack in Lancs for example from about 24k if we all had maps, familiarity with that plane or the 24, timing and discipline as well as a couple of hours to spend not inclusding the follow up. We would need to hit targets in close sequence though not simultaneously. City first to kill re supply and HQ last probably along with the adjacent base or bases again to kill re supply. I believe it do able with the effects fascinating though unpredictable.

We might have to traine for it first and certainly attempt it more than once to get the desired result.

Comments :
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Rolling Eyes Sad

I am not a little dissapointed no one has run with this.

The original idea came from Klingan and fair play medic has expressed some interest with a bit of coaxing.

NOW

All you "we dont do enough bombing, back to basics" types here is a chance to revitalise our old skills and maybe perfect a war winning weapon.

Medic suggested we do this on squad sunday and he is going to try and put something together for after the meeting Sunday (he said yesterday).

Sundays offer When there is no special event:
Floats fighter training missions (NEW)
Squad scrimmage (practice or for real)
Perfection of this new Super Weapon(NEW)
regular opps

I think we should try out one of the new options and if medic puts something together go for the super weapon

What does it take to get some enthusiasm out of you lot Saff's Wife

does that help?
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Yarbles wrote:

What does it take to get some enthusiasm out of you lot Saff's Wife

Beer drunken
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Well IMO bombing base after base after base get boring real quick. So if we can do this Strat bombing it might be fun again cheers

Just make sure that the strat target/s that we bomb have an impakt.

For me the order goes.

1 Ammo
2 Troops
3 Radar
4 City
5 the rest.

HQ is always fun to bomb but it usually only helps for 10-15 min.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:05 pm

I do think the effect is cumulative.

If we get the facories and the city plus supplies at the adjacent bases to the HQ I could see it staying down for hours as supplies will not re up and the trains and convoys of supplies wont run.

If we then drop ord, radar, fuel, troops etc at individual bases they just wont come back again for hours cheers At the same time the enemy wont even have Dar Bars.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:00 pm

I not seeing the point from a strategic point i view of bombing the fuel factory. Alot of planes can go really far with only 75% fuel.
Back to top Go down
Floatsup
Colonel
Colonel
Floatsup

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:34 pm

The City is alwas a great target to hit, seeing it effects all the Factories.

heres a good link for formations.

http://www.freewebs.com/ah2blacksheep/formations.htm
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:42 pm

From a post in AH2

"In a nutshell: facories resupply the fields in their base. Factory 100% flat = item downtimes increased to their maximum but -
Cities resupply the corresponding factories. So for actual maximum effect on base facilities, you have to flatten both the factories as well as the cities.

Downtime of base stuff can be increased up to 2 hours that way".

So city will take 2 Pilots

Then allocate

Toops 2 Pilots
Ammo 2 Pilots

Then ???

I am keen to drop the city but want to know how to make it stay down.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:56 pm

Ok I guess Ill get started on this. I am getting info on killing supplies around the HQ and then we have the information we need.

I think we will need and will get hopefully up to about 7 elements of 2 in each. I cant remember who can bomb well but each will need a skilled bomber leader.

I better have the city because I am the best in the squad Ur an Asshole by miles at strat bombing.

The first thing everyone is going to need is Maps printed on paper next to your screen so you know what the target looks like and how to line up. You will also ideally be good in lancs or at least 24's and will have to be fairly accurate but not as good as you need to be to hit Hangers.

Can you please post here NOW if you have experience of Strat Bombing.

So far I only know that Ean and I have.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Got this from Lusche

"No barracks on a base = no field or vehicle supplies.
Corresponding factory is the troop strat of course."

So we get the barracks of the bases around the HQ and the HQ as well as the city, troops and ammo factory.

Anyone agree/disagree with this plan.

2 For the City
2 For the Troops
2 For the Ord
3 For the HQ (Or 2 good bomber sticks in lancs)
2 or 3 to bash the troops round at adjacent to city bases. 17's good here.
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:40 pm

I dont mind to assit in the planning. I also recommend that we do this on a squad day, thus max perticipation. I will start doing some research and post what I think...
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Medic71 wrote:
I dont mind to assit in the planning. I also recommend that we do this on a squad day, thus max perticipation. I will start doing some research and post what I think...

I am aiming at this Sunday 30th after the meeting if everyone is ok iwth that .

Small Map, Allocate targets, groups of 2 starting from different bases roughly equidistant from targets so we all arrive together.

Medic I would appriciate any help. If you could try and get your hands on up to date maps that would be cheers If you could also lead a pair that would be cheers

We need 12 really to do this properly I hope we get even more.
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:50 pm

What do you mean Strat Bombing?

Hitting specific targets?

If i fly a bomber and you want somthing hitting i can hit it.

Main focus here is be specific and precise in what is required.

Those in charge should have a plan, designate and Explain to those below what they have to do and why.

Many operations are flown on a wing and a prayer because everyone is not clear of intentons of the plan Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

zack1234 wrote:
What do you mean Strat Bombing?

Those in charge should have a plan, designate and Explain to those below what they have to do and why.

I have a plan to bomb the Factories etc but it will involve around 7 seperate groups as the factories etc are all over even the small map and if we all fly the same way the nasty Bish and or Rook will come and be mean to us.

People need maps to set up maximum damage per pass and remember this is a bit more like carpet bombing than we are used to.

I want Zak in my group so I can boss him all the way there and back Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Yarbles wrote:

Can you please post here NOW if you have experience of Strat Bombing.

So far I only know that Ean and I have.

Been there, done that, ill do it again Smile
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Got this from Lusche

"No barracks on a base = no field or vehicle supplies.
Corresponding factory is the troop strat of course."

So we get the barracks of the bases around the HQ and the HQ as well as the city, troops and ammo factory.

Anyone agree/disagree with this plan.

2 For the City
2 For the Troops
2 For the Ord
3 For the HQ (Or 2 good bomber sticks in lancs)
2 or 3 to bash the troops round at adjacent to city bases. 17's good here.

that is a tall order, porkin the troops at the bases also..

how bouts we see if we can get ord factory and city down to 0% without all gettin killed first Smile
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Tall Order   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 pm

Well we are stubborn fuckers if we are anything at all, and persistence is our strength not a hinderance . Tall orders are like pissing on supermans boots we either get the shit kicked outta us or ball sackem the hard way .
Nutte afro geek
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I think the main goal must be to get the factories below 50%. Only then will it have any impact at all.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 am

We should see how many people we have but yes set an order of priorities.

The good news is the 71st will support us and fly escourt and I will ask "The Few' to do the same. If we are going to ask other squads on this one we need to be tight and work together.

We know how good both of them are.

Priorities

1) City

Then

1) troop Factory then

2) Ammo factory.

If those factories are close we can even use 110 squads on them. Hit them more than once etc. If we got the city down Ammo and troops will stay down,

City is a priority so the others stay down

Simultaneously the HQ and surrounding bases. (Deprive our enemies of Radar and Dar Bars plus with no troops when we drop them they cant retake back and no ords anywhere we drop them for hours.)

If we have enough people on a small map we should have no problem, I will post on 71sts AH2 forumn (I am an honary member) and then hope fully we will get escourt or diversionary atacks. It will be hard to organise so please try to help everyone. We need people to lead each element and people to stay focused and keep hitting your targets and no "I am not going back there anymore" . This one is for team players to prove themselves as such no medals just do your bit until the job is done.
Anyone who has friends in other squads get them on board especially for the follow up.

We have a chance to do somethig great here or be Ur an Asshole 's about this. Which is up to the squad to decide silent

I think we should think about a start time which means putting a limit on how long the meeting goes on say 30 min or 1 hour does anyone object to that?????????????????????????? If we are going to call on other Knight squads we need to be definate This is clearly our special event which having spoken to others outside the squad inspires them.

I think if we can do this well it will allay any fears about the state of the squad. Please air your girpes and moans now so we can deal with them. before the event. Otherwise we approach this as a band of brothers.

Last edited by Yarbles on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:33 am

I'll split it with you Yarbles.. We shall limit the meeting to no more than 45 min.
I have said it, therefor it is now so.

This sounds like it is going to be a blast. And since we are doing it as a squad with a goal, I guess I can't consider myself milk running.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:56 am

Curnutte wrote:
Well we are stubborn fuckers if we are anything at all, and persistence is our strength not a hinderance . Tall orders are like pissing on supermans boots we either get the shit kicked outta us or ball sackem the hard way .
Nutte afro geek

I think you have it here Nutte (The Zeitgeist) We are offered a real challenge that I for one will rise to. As I said others outside the squad are inspired by the magnificence of it, If greatness alludes us now it will not be for lack of vision on the part of nutte saffron and I.

We will need a small map in the MA and the strateegic maps I firmly believe. Let battle commence at 2.45 EST 7.45 gmt and I believe we can carry all before us cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Who will join our happy few?????

Our band of brothers???????

Make the precision Legend???????????

Last edited by Yarbles on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:34 am

I have a couple reservations.. I like the idea of the hitting of city, ord factory, troop factory, and even HQ, assuming the 163's haven't torn us up.

the problem is, if we wanna pork the actual troop barracks at the bases surrounding, it takes ALOT of bombers to do it effectively. I think a large airbase has 10 barracks or 12? medium has 8 or 10?. a small has 5, I know that much at least.. And it's not easy to do with even a b17 with 100lb'ers, they scatter more than the heavier bombs. I did it a week ago, porking troops at a small base with a b17 from 15k, salvo 2 (6x100lb) needed 2nd pass on a couple of the barracks, even with my calibration perfect.. some of the bombs just seem to fly off about 100 yds or more from the target. not even to mention people dropping on same target at once, etc. etc. etc.

oh but I'll be there, i say we give it our best!
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:39 am

Klingan wrote:
I think the main goal must be to get the factories below 50%. Only then will it have any impact at all.

i concur with that, but not only the factories, but the city, cuz the city resupplies the factories.
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

PostSubject: Strat. Bombing   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 am

I'll be there Exclamation Give me a set of Lancs and one city/factory will be flat. Very Happy

On Target clown
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Squad Day   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 am

I could not want to spend a squad day any other way than this , new missions , exciting stuff here and most of all a plan to boot . Lets kick some ass gents and roll up these bastages . The effects of this could be enormously rotton for the unsuspecting country that it is wielded on . There is a post on the forums about this at HTC and how it has only been done one time ! Gents I say lets do it again and become a part of history , after all its only for a couple of hours and what better way to wind up a holiday ! cheers cheers cheers cheers Lets go Punk On Target My 2cents GOT JACKED Coolness Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow
Nutte
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)   Strategic Bombing (Read 4th) Empty

Back to top Go down

Strategic Bombing (Read 4th)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next