(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AH Sound Package

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Guys, i recently downloaded the Tick Toc Sound Package in the AH SOund and Skin forum, and i am fairly impressed with it. You guys should get it and try it out. If you dont like it just copy and paste back the old sounds.

What to do after downloading "tic toc sounds package":

* Unzip it to a folder called watever u want.
* Go into the location of your AH game folder. Usually C:ProgramFiles/HTC/
* There should be a folder in there named "sounds" .. . . you can either rename that original sound folder to anything you like or copy and paste all the files in there into a different folder.
* Then you can bring all the files/folders from the unzip "tic toc sounds" folder into this sound folder or rename it to sounds if you have already rename the original AH sounds folder to something else.
* If you have to overwrite any files, you are not doing it right

The whole point to renaming or copy and paste all the files in the original "sounds" folder is to have a backup just in case u dont like the sounds...etc.

For Win Vista owner, once you open up /ProgramFile/HTC/ - make sure u click on the "compatible files" on the top task bar, or you will not see any HTC folders. Vista does stupid "virtualization" crap.

I truly highly recommend getting this sound package.
Any problems whatsoever into doin this, let me know, and ill do my best to help.

-aaron
Back to top Go down
https://precision.forumakers.com
Tripod9
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Tripod9

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: What gives?   AH Sound Package EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 5:33 am

I downloaded the new sound package and followed the instructions, but the old sounds are still playing. How do you put the new sounds in to the HTC file? Just drag them in there? Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: yes and no   AH Sound Package EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 7:01 am

Tripod. You can either drag (copy and paste) the new sound files into your existing (default) HTC "sounds" folder or you can first rename the original HTC "sounds" folder to something different, like "originalSounds", and then renaming the TicToc sounds as "sounds".

Why?? because during gameplay, HTC .dat file will look for "sounds" folder and files in there. So watever is in the sounds folder will be played. The reason i suggested to renaming the original "sounds" folder to something else is so that if you dont like certain sounds, you have the options of replacing that specific individual sound with the original HTC sounds. But yes, ultimately you want to replace the old sounds with the new, and you can either overwrite all of it by draggin (copy and paste) the TicToc sounds into HTC "sounds" folder, or the renaming method.

I know I was repetitive, but i just wanted to make sure you got the logist of it, and I hope i didnt further confuse you.

-aaron
Back to top Go down
https://precision.forumakers.com
Tripod9
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Tripod9

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 7:22 am

Hey I got it to work! I was over thinking it i guess. Anyways, it sounds AWSOME!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 am

I got this too, was the first thing I did when i put it back on. They are very good sounds, love em
Back to top Go down
WalrusC
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
WalrusC

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm using this now, and the sounds are really cool and intense. The only thing is I'm having to re-learn what sounds are what. I used to be able to identify 8" guns shelling the field, now that same thing sounds like they are dropping DA NOOK! This is my first time using custom sounds and I do believe that I will likey. Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
LCCajun

LCCajun

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

So what does this sound package do. Does it inhance like the guns or what?
Back to top Go down
Tripod9
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Tripod9

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 1:55 am

The .50 cals sound OK, but the cannons and explosions sound more intense. Each aircraft has its own distinct engine sound, instead of the same drone noise. The bullet hits take some getting used to, they sound like thuds. Some of the GV sounds could use some more work, not that realistic. Overall I like the new sounds.
Back to top Go down
LCCajun

LCCajun

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 am

Thanks Tripod when I get time I am going to try and download it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AH Sound Package Empty
PostSubject: Re: AH Sound Package   AH Sound Package Empty

Back to top Go down

AH Sound Package
Page 1 of 1