(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some stats from Tour 101

Go down 
+5
Dustin57
kvuo75
THUDMAN
marcds
Klingan
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Oh then i guess we should keep the very last two sorties Yarbles had that night a secret as well.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Who is this Yarbles you are speaking of??

Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Parano18Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Parano18
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:11 pm

NCC-1701 E wrote:
Oh then i guess we should keep the very last two sorties Yarbles had that night a secret as well.

I have the solution to my Zeke problem after consulting the help and training Oracle study

Time to die 17 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Klingan wrote:
Who is this Yarbles you are speaking of??

Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Parano18Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Parano18

This is a later yarbles not the one you are thinking of who you rammed in your hurricane and magically tore the wing off your spit 9.

No he means the yarbles who single handidly and simultaneoulsy defeated Nasty and Thud and then went on to fight round one of spit16 vs Zeke with round 2 to be scheduled later this week.

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm

So its not the Yarbles that ran to the deck screeming like a little girl just seconds before i killed him in a Ki84?

Then its ok lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Klingan wrote:
So its not the Yarbles that ran to the deck screeming like a little girl just seconds before i killed him in a Ki84?

Then its ok lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol!

That scream was the sound of my massive new ego escaping after the nikki kill. I told you I should have retired from the game before you re upped:x .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Yarbles, unless you plan to pick me, there is little way to beat a Zeke in a Spit 16. I know there are plenty of ways, but i know better than to fall for most. Also remember i get training from the best.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 pm

NCC-1701 E wrote:
Yarbles, unless you plan to pick me, there is little way to beat a Zeke in a Spit 16. I know there are plenty of ways, but i know better than to fall for most. Also remember i get training from the best.

Now Ive researched the matter I think we should re set and start again. I dont think it will be much fun if I tell you in advance how I plan to take you appart Evil or Very Mad .

Best of 3 or best of 5 to decide it?

Let me know when you are ready for a re match Wink .
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: My Reply   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Its simple really don't let a alligator mouth over ride a humming bird ass Mr X. Be careful Yarbles is getting better and the zeke is not all that . Besides 1 plane in this game is BORING really , and the plane set is a tool box from which you can do anything you want to .
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 pm

NCC-1701 E wrote:

Well if he plays it as he did against my Hurri2c, ill say he got damn good chance Cool
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 am

NCC-1701 E wrote:

Got your invite to round 2 last night but by the time I got back to you you had gone? scratch

We are going to treat this as a technical excersise so that way you wont need to do too much of this Sad Crying or Very sad Sad when I drill your zeek a new one lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 am

lol! Someone is getting an attitude pirat
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 am

Klingan wrote:
lol! Someone is getting an attitude pirat

Its all in fun and 17 is old enough and wise enough to play.

My general contention is that 3 out of 4 times the spit 16 should beat the Zeke in the DA if flown properly. By the same token I think the p51 if the pilot is patient enough would do the same to the 16.

There is a reason why fighters progressesd from turners to zoomers. With enough skill you should be able to defeat the zeke however skilled the zeke pilot is as you in the 16 will be controlling the fight.

I will keep going until Ive proved the point or until Xcelsior gets tired of me trying Wink .
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:09 pm

In tour 101 Spit16 had 978 kills on A6m5b, and A6M5b had 892 kills on Spit16. A 1,1:1 senario

Spit16 had 209 kills on A6M2, and A6M2 had 104 kills on Spit16. A 2:1 senario
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Klingan wrote:
In tour 101 Spit16 had 978 kills on A6m5b, and A6M5b had 892 kills on Spit16. A 1,1:1 senario

Interesting but not conclusive as I suspect these are furball stats as this is where you find the A6.

"Yarbles, as long as you don't get into a sustained turn contest with them, the spit 16 holds all the cards: its faster, its tougher, it climbs better, it accelerates better, it dives better, has better guns, rolls better.
So your question is not so much 'how do i beat zeeks in a spit 16?', but more 'how do i beat an aircraft which has a superior sustained turn rate?' The answer (and the anwser in nearly all cases) is simply to use your aircrafts strengths against your opponents weaknesses.
How do you use your:
- speed? make them chase ya a bit. This will build you an energy margin to use against them.
- toughness? HO em, dive to insane speeds etc.
- climb and acceleration? force the fight into a series of constant slow down and accelerate/climb phases, which will maxmise your acceleration advantage and build an E margin for you to use against them.
- dive? make the bastige chase ya down into a mad dive. He'll either fall to peices trying, auger, or simply loose E cause they can't get the speed you can out of it or loose control and take too long to pull out.
- better guns? HO em.
- Roll rate - scissor fights.

Lots of options"

From Spatula

Failing that Ill bring Bruv119 along in the cockpit lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Yarbles wrote:
NCC-1701 E wrote:

Got your invite to round 2 last night but by the time I got back to you you had gone? scratch

We are going to treat this as a technical excersise so that way you wont need to do too much of this Sad Crying or Very sad Sad when I drill your zeek a new one lol!

I Asked about an hour or two before i left the arena, and i never got any messages from you so i figured you were busy.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 pm

I Asked about an hour or two before i left the arena, and i never got any messages from you so i figured you were busy.[/quote]

Great this is still on cheers

now i just have to remember to be bounce but not drunken

I am going out with my long lost Brother tonight whos missus hasnt let him out drinking with me for 10 years so tonight may not be the night but tommorow Very Happy

I am looking forward to this cyclops (see that is what its for)
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:14 pm

That sounds nice Yarbles. You keep warming up for my visit cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Klingan wrote:
That sounds nice Yarbles. You keep warming up for my visit cheers

Ill try cyclops drunken cyclops drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Dustin57
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Dustin57

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Klingan wrote:

Interesting but not conclusive as I suspect these are furball stats as this is where you find the A6.

"Yarbles, as long as you don't get into a sustained turn contest with them, the spit 16 holds all the cards: its faster, its tougher, it climbs better, it accelerates better, it dives better, has better guns, rolls better.
So your question is not so much 'how do i beat zeeks in a spit 16?', but more 'how do i beat an aircraft which has a superior sustained turn rate?' The answer (and the anwser in nearly all cases) is simply to use your aircrafts strengths against your opponents weaknesses.
How do you use your:
- speed? make them chase ya a bit. This will build you an energy margin to use against them.
- toughness? HO em, dive to insane speeds etc.
- climb and acceleration? force the fight into a series of constant slow down and accelerate/climb phases, which will maxmise your acceleration advantage and build an E margin for you to use against them.
- dive? make the bastige chase ya down into a mad dive. He'll either fall to peices trying, auger, or simply loose E cause they can't get the speed you can out of it or loose control and take too long to pull out.
- better guns? HO em.
- Roll rate - scissor fights.

Lots of options"

From Spatula

Failing that Ill bring Bruv119 along in the cockpit lol!

Speed is always your best defense against a Zero, even if your against an other Zero. Alt is better though, if you can come above a Zeke your likely to give him hell and he won't stand much of a chance.

I never suggest HOing, your just asking for a tie against just about anything, even a Zeke. I usually give a pilot a limit of 4 HOes a match, if they keep doing it after that I start trading shots.

The Zero is a rather good climber but it climbs at about 150 MPH so it's still a bit slow. This is also a decent option if you can extend far enough out and keep climbing, but it's going to take awhile and in my own personal experience fighting VonHoltz, I've chased him up to 30K only to break him and have him run.

Diving, well if a Zeke is stupid enough to dive with you it's a good option, I myself prefer to level out and wait for them to kill there E on the deck then try and zoom up only for me to be in the superior altitude position now.

I still don't suggest HOing, even the A6M's 20mm's are likely to do a lot of damage if they pilot is capable of aiming.

Using roll-rate is a great way to throw the Zero off, but use it in a series of downward spirals to keep him off you, where speed only makes the Zekes roll-rate worse and the whole plane less responsive. Scissor fighting I wouldn't suggest, any time someone tries to scissor fight me I simple cut throttle and use rudder to saddle up behind them. Remember the Zeke stalls at a slow 80MPH so it's going to be easy for him to get slower then you.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:22 am

I will not go into detail except to say we have established Hoing is quite rightly not allowed though this may cause disputes in future.

After round one in this best of 5 competition:

Yarbles 1 Xcelsior 0

As agreed by us both cheers cheers cheers

I feel cautiously optimistic and believe I am beggining to get the measure of the Zeke. He follows me fast to avoid excessive seperation, I turn in and he meets me head on. We merge and both turn but he is fast and does not turn so well and this is my best chance, After that turn we are both slow and the advantage is with him when I then am well advised to build E while gaining seperation again.

Xcelsior is a very skilled, fair and worthy opponent. (s) Xcelsior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Course Yarbles don't forget i killed ya once, we just reset the score Very Happy

Although that was some damn nice Spixteen flying (S) Yarb
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes he is almost getting to good...... lol!

What he needs now is what most of us needs, a good aim.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 pm

NCC-1701 E wrote:
Course Yarbles don't forget i killed ya once, we just reset the score Very Happy

Although that was some damn nice Spixteen flying (S) Yarb

Accepted and this is early days with 4 more rounds to go. At least I know now I can't loose 5/0. cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Anyway enough of all this mutual appreciation society when 17 are you ready for the next round Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some stats from Tour 101   Some stats from Tour 101 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some stats from Tour 101
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2