(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*********** Important Please Read ***********

Go down 
+5
Saffron
Yarbles
kvuo75
LCCajun
Admin
9 posters

(+)Precision Rotates Country for New Tour
Lets Give It A Try - Yes
***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_lcap78%***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_rcap
 78% [ 14 ]
Not A Good Idea - No
***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_lcap22%***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
I Will Leave Squad If This Happens
***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_lcap0%***********   Important Please Read    *********** Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

***********   Important Please Read    *********** Empty
PostSubject: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 5:16 am

Although tonight's sorties yielded very good outcomes (more then 10 base captures), however it needs to be stressed again, that when goon is in the vicinity of town, town should be given utmost priority.

Next, I know we have discussed about this in prior squad's meeting, and once again it has resurfaced. Ultimately, we have no real commitment or allegiance with any country. As long as we stay together as a cohesive unit, regardless of what country we fight for during that tour, we still have each other. Thus, we need to decide this collectively:

** (+)Precision will rotate country after each tour **

On the side note, this will definitely help our exposure with other AHer from other country, and may solve our situation with European Pilots. We now have a larger pool of candidates.

I've created a poll for all of us to decide. Additionally, if there are any thoughts or inputs, feel free to drop in ur 2-cents.
Back to top Go down
https://precision.forumakers.com
LCCajun

LCCajun

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:33 am

I say that we give it a try. I don't really see what it could hurt we could always switch back if need be. Also if it is a go how will it happen will u post a bulletin giving a date of when the change will be, or will it be like an automatic change. I know it is suppose to be after every tour, but for the ppl who aren't on, they will be out of the loop some what. Also do we keep the name Precision or does that go away. I always wondered about if it transfers or if we have to start the squad and invite everybody back in. Just my 2 cents now I need to go initiate traffic stops lata.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:04 am

I don't think its so much a problem with the knights, its a problem of being ganged up on by both other countries.

stupid fucking bishops (in blue arena) earlier had us pretty much down to uncapturables, and they were still hammering away at our shit, instead of killing rook bases to win the map.. wtf?

I am for a change, but also I'm not.. Look what we did at 51 today. 2 wave effort by just our squad, a little discipline on timing, etc. We took that mofo. then the knights came in and we took the next base down the line... They got em back, but being outnumbered fucking SUCKS no matter what..
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I feel like a bit of an arse cos I am the only one so far who voted against and Iam also in favour. I am ambivalent but think its really worth a try especially as we have more chance of picking up Europeans to keep Klingan happy Razz

but I think being Knights gives us a certain identity which we will lose especially with knights who always stick it out and put up with the knight crap.

I reckon Iam really an abstention though I think shifting countries should be a last resort confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Well i figured it out: Knights/rooks hate Bish, Bish hates knights and are scared of Rooks. Rooks don't mind knights. And Knights just suck (side switching is how i figured this out Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm

I joined as a knight, I'm going to stay a knight. Yeah, we don't always work together, but I hear others from Bish and Rook bitch about the same thing. I don't want to become a squad with no country loyalty and have others saying, "Oh look, Precisions are Rooks today." It reminds me of VansCrew, When I see his name come up with kills, I have to check the roster to see if he's a rook or if he's a knight.
Overall, I think its a BAD F-ING IDEA. Looking a the poll results, I see I'm in the minority, but I live in San Diego and I'm white, so I'm use to it.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 12:51 am

I think thats very well put Saffron I wish I had been more definate as that is how I feel. I dont want to be in a squad with no country loyalty. The squad has kept me in Ah and if it was my choice I would stay knight BUT above all my affinity is with the Squad and if its a rook squad for a month I want to be there.
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: side switching   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:11 am

Well guys,
I voted against it. For everything that has been brought up and also a personnel moral reason.
When I dedicate myself to something I don't waiver from the outcome. good, bad or otherwise!
I agree that it will offer us the chance to meet more potential recruits, but I know that it will hurt our credability!
The one thing that has always impressed me about us is our steadfastness. no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:36 pm

marcds wrote:
Well guys,
I know that it will hurt our credability!

I should probably shut up about this and let people make up their own minds But:

I think changeing country will hurt our credibility though I also suspect like me none of us chose to be Knights. I didnt choose to be British but this is a game and I think we should do a tour with each country then vote on which we like best and the stick with that country from then on.

I think if we do this our credibility will recover in the long run, its good to make choices and the endless and I am sure well founded whingeing about the knights will be minimised or not transferred to another country
Back to top Go down
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:12 pm

I think that we should try being another side for one tour. I understand that this could have adverse effects on the rep of the Squad, but if you think about it. If we join another side, we will pick up tactics and certain strengths and weaknesses of that side and if we ultimately join Knights for good, we can incorperate what we learnt in to becoming a stronger side/squad and who knows, may be on of the Knights squads to lead the way for that rare golden win!

Just my 2 cents, or 1 pence in my case Wink
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: squad   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:37 pm

OK, so don't get me wrong, I beleive there are going to be benifets from playing other countries.
And when it comes right down to it I am Precision! not a knight or Bish. or a Rook. So what ever we do I will be there.
Back to top Go down
my2fast
Captain
Captain
my2fast

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm

I think everyone made very good points. All i am saying is that, we have commitment to only each other, with fellow PRECISIONs, not to knights, rooks, or bitchops. Why then should we encapsulate our gameplay to one country? I am driven on continuous improvement, and practical action. I dont believe in staying stationary and bitch and whine about certain aspects of knights and not make some changes to see if it will help our morale.

I noticed lately that our squad has been more frustrated at the "gameplay", but literally took it out on one another. Frankly, I think we lost some commarderie due to frustration. Lets be honest, we're here to have fun, not spill our blood for any countries, so if having fun involve being on rooks, or bitchops, or flying 20k high or gangin up 5 on 1 and then run for home when alone, then let it be. Whatever it is, WE ARE HERE TO HAVE FUN!!!

I must admit, knights have been pissing me off lately, and im sure there are those same in Rooks and Bishs; however, i met some cool people on knights, and i know i will meet some cool people in other countries as well.

Bottom line is this: You know we need changes when we are crying and bitching about fellow knights to the point of disgust, and although we tried to get Knights to be more involved, it's just not happening. I believe that changes that are well-thoughtout and have ultimate support and dedication can yield great outcomes.

-aaron
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Wow what stuff   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm

There are some very interesting points to be made and while I think of many items on our agenda . it comes down to this I'm loyal to Precision and thats my bottom line , i don't fly with others unless its the squad going in as well ! i could never imagine playing this game solo it would really suck , as we are tied to each other thru friendships involved to each other and in support of each one of us . I'll go with whats the squad going to decide Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Still Only 18 Votes from a squad of supposedly 32 and we have good, good people like 17 leaving to make room for who confused

If people cant be bothered to find the site and dont care which country we are in are they really part of the squad? What does anyone else think?

(Hoe I edited the spelling and grammar before 17 saw it)
Back to top Go down
my2fast
Captain
Captain
my2fast

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:37 pm

True, true yarbles... i always tell people to come to site and register in forums and participate in our discussions. To me, the flying and fighting is only one aspect of the game, the other is communication. But once again, my philosophy is different then theirs so i dont want to hold them on it.

-aaron
Back to top Go down
JunkyII

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:56 pm

I know im not in (+) but I know the POTW were thinking about this very thing but we have 7 years of being Knights so we arent, we have had problems with our sqaudies switchin sides(Vanscrew and Shrimp07) and they were kicked out we are staying knight and if any of you dont feel like switchin sides you can always find a home with us on vox 189 (+) always is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *********** Important Please Read ***********   ***********   Important Please Read    *********** Empty

Back to top Go down

*********** Important Please Read ***********
Page 1 of 1