(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Irony

Go down 
+5
kvuo75
Klingan
zack1234
Yarbles
Medic71
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Not that I want to stir up alot of political debate hear, but saw something on the news that I felt was down right hillarious and trully defined IRONY. If ya'll have been paying much attention to the presidential race, ol' McCain wants to tap more drilling sights in the US, thus has been his platform for a while. Well today he was supposed to be making a big presentation about it on an offshore rig in LA. But was unable too due to Hurricane Dolly, then was supposed to speak at a refinery, however had to cancel that appointment too, due to a barge that ran into a bridge dumping thousands of gallons of crude in the Mississippi. Not saying that either canidate is right, just thought it was kinda funny that McCains wants and wishes were stopped by his own wants and wishes....
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:46 am

Medic403 wrote:
Not that I want to stir up alot of political debate hear, but saw something on the news that I felt was down right hillarious and trully defined IRONY. If ya'll have been paying much attention to the presidential race, ol' McCain wants to tap more drilling sights in the US, thus has been his platform for a while. Well today he was supposed to be making a big presentation about it on an offshore rig in LA. But was unable too due to Hurricane Dolly, then was supposed to speak at a refinery, however had to cancel that appointment too, due to a barge that ran into a bridge dumping thousands of gallons of crude in the Mississippi. Not saying that either canidate is right, just thought it was kinda funny that McCains wants and wishes were stopped by his own wants and wishes....

Ironic yes and there is a pun in there as well. In a god fearing nation like the US the Hurricane proves God is on Obama's side cheers

surely as a Hurricane in law is defined as an act of god study

Being British and European we fear the US far more than god. How Ironic is that?
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 pm

i dont fear US

Fuck europe.

Where would you rather live France ? Germany? Italy? Bosnia? Spain? my arse.

All bunch of ungrateful shit house's with short memories
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:27 pm

zack1234 wrote:
i dont fear US

Fuck europe.

Where would you rather live France ? Germany? Italy? Bosnia? Spain? my arse.

All bunch of ungrateful shit house's with short memories

I quite like the sweedes except for Klingan of course lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Yarbles wrote:

I quite like the sweedes except for Klingan of course lol!

Sad Sad

lol!
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Sweden is not included

They are part of the Shit House EU are they? king
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm

No they are not, they prefer to keep out of EU
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:35 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_State_of_the_European_Union

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden

Quote :

Sweden[ˈswidən] (help·info), officially the Kingdom of Sweden (Swedish: Konungariket Sverige (help·info) [ˈko:.nɵ.ŋa.ˌri:.kət ˈsvær:.jə]), is a Nordic country on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe. Sweden has land borders with Norway and Finland, and is connected to Denmark by the Oresund Bridge. It has been a member of the European Union since January 1, 1995. Its capital city is Stockholm.

zack lol!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm

But we dont use the Euro here.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

Klingan wrote:
But we dont use the Euro here.

not yet! bwaahahahahaa Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 pm

European Union what are the benefits for UK?

We are not even allowed to vote here if we want to be in it.

Tony Blair doing alright out if it now.
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:25 pm

you are right kvuo they are as stupid as us and joined the EU affraid
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:18 am

I thought we settled this in 1775/6 when we kicked british ars, then again in 42-45 in WWII, last time I checked the US is the POWER HOUSE lol
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 7:52 am

zack1234 wrote:
European Union what are the benefits for UK?

We are not even allowed to vote here if we want to be in it.

Tony Blair doing alright out if it now.

We voted to join in a referendum and every major industrial nation in the world is involved in a trading block including the US, also since joining we have overtaken France and Italy economicaly and enjoyed the highest period of sustained economic growth in our history. Prior to joining we had the worst industrial relations record in europe and were described as "the sick man of europe" now we are the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world just behind Germany, Japan, China and the US all of which have larger populationsi. Significant changes during this period were the Thatcher era and Blair era neither of which ever advocated leaving the EU. In short we have benefited in absolute and realtive terms in belonging to the largest single free trade economic block in the world.

These are only the facts though lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:19 am

Medic403 wrote:
I thought we settled this in 1775/6 when we kicked british ars, then again in 42-45 in WWII, last time I checked the US is the POWER HOUSE lol

The EU is economically larger but doesnt spend an inth of what the US does on the military. The US has the most/best weapons and the latest technology as a result.
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Thats true, how ever, having the best tech. is not all that it has cracked up to be.
Being one of the forfront boots on the ground I can tell you from personell expeirance that the only inovention that keeps us on top is our night vision equipment. everything else is very nice to have at our disposal. But as our generalls are learning you still need to have boots on the ground to hold and direct.

About 10 years ago we went through a massive reduction in our military, approx. 50% of combat units, now they are trying like hell to recruit more combat arms. It is nice having the ability to precision bomb something, how ever you still need to put folks in the crater afterwards to secure it.

Our training is some of the best there is, and our ability to take the fight to the enemy in the middle of the night is where we rule!

Tech. is getting to the point that they don't even train new recruits how to read a map. they reley on GPS for everything.
Fire control for artillery is the same.
scary
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:19 pm

On that note Marc... When our foes come up with their own E.M.P. weapon that will render our tech weps useless.... That basic training better include map reading and orientation.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 8:35 am

Saffron wrote:
On that note Marc... When our foes come up with their own E.M.P. weapon that will render our tech weps useless.... That basic training better include map reading and orientation.

I think if anyone comes up with an EMP weapon and the counter measure it will be the US.

My real point was that certainly in the cold war and to a lesser extent now it could be argued that the US bares the majority of the cost of Western defence and security while the Europeans could afford extensive welfare programmes. This expenditure has actually kept the US the most technologically advanced nation seeing off the Japanese in the 80's and 90's who fell behind in computer technology. In other words the relatively huge military expenditure is self sustaining. While this is in place all other economies including China like (Japan before) will endlessly play catch up.

Its also kind of ironic that the great bastion of capitalist free enterprise has the largest centrally planned research and development budget of any country in the world (including the former soviet union then and now) The Defence Budget. Wink
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:09 pm

what a load of crap yarbles

Any economic miricle was based on privitisation and free credit

we are now starting a recession which will make 1929 seem like a day at the seaside.

Pensions plans are billions in debt. true or false

Housing market is going to collapse. true or false

People living of credit cards --------------- knobs. true or false
Gas prices up 35% ,
oil up when we have own oil supplies.

Electricy and water supplies owed by French and Germans and Russians.

The Germans still have a industrial base, France owns all our utilities, we have a the City of London we have acted like pigs at the trough now we are paying the price.
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:13 pm

I thought America owns Japan and Russia and China are trillions in debt to America?
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:17 pm

one last rant

The p51 is the best plane in Aces High Very Happy

and i am drunk drunken
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:45 am

zack1234 wrote:
what a load of crap yarbles

Any economic miricle was based on privitisation and free credit

we are now starting a recession which will make 1929 seem like a day at the seaside.

Pensions plans are billions in debt. true or false

Housing market is going to collapse. true or false

People living of credit cards --------------- knobs. true or false
Gas prices up 35% ,
oil up when we have own oil supplies.

Electricy and water supplies owed by French and Germans and Russians.

The Germans still have a industrial base, France owns all our utilities, we have a the City of London we have acted like pigs at the trough now we are paying the price.

Final Salary occupational pension schemes were incrisis 5 years ago after ths stock market fell to 3200 but this has eased significantly. The main reason they are so expensive is because people are living much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!

Interest rates are less than half what they were during the last house price crash and house prices have been rising consitently for at least 13 years with affordability. The house I live in was worth around 65K in 1993 550K approx in 2007 so if it rfalls 20 or 30% so what. However in 1989-2001 we saw the base rate rise from 9-16%we now have 5% with pressure both up and down ward. I work in this market and see no significant problemswith continues affordability.

Credit has expanded massively in the Uk but so has personal wealth and income and again affordability is not proving an issue other than at the margins.

Oil and gas have massively increased in price worldwide but like the dot comms they have now become a focus for specualtion and like pump prices will now begin to fall in the medium term. In the meantime inflation hasnt rised above 4% in this so called crisis.

Britain produces more cars now than at any time during its history but de industrisalisation is a fact of advanced economies. Mature economies export capital (which can often be seen as money or share ownership) and technology.

Oh and America is more in debt and particularly to China than it has ever been.

There is more but in addition and on another subject;

In material terms of consumption of food, alcohol, cars, washing machines whatever look up the figures people have more. When it comes to services having used them for the last 25 years Education. Health. Social Services and Pensions even the police are better funded than 20 years ago. We also have a minnimum wage and virtually no house of Lords.

In short people are living longer and consumeing more often working in jobs that didnt exist 20 years ago with record levels of employment. Levels of employment in the utilities are down with increases in productivity. Natural monopolies can be and are regualted. The French cant take our pipes and wires over to France IF we piss them off. Its a global economy now
If you dont believe me do some research. Look at National Income, rates of ownership of key indicators like cars and computers, Life expectancy, Rates of survival from critical conditions like cancer and heart atacks, Measures of relative and absolute Poverty. Avoid the Daily Mail and news as entertainment. I look at the figures every day and gather the info to make economic forcasts for my clients.

DONT PANIC lol!
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Good God   Irony EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Wow Yarbles you have really put out a wagon load in this ole country boys brain ,it would appear as if you know stuff , very nice write up brother .
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 pm

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!---------WHAT?
Back to top Go down
Dustin57
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Dustin57

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:12 pm

Yea the U.S. owes billions to to other countries yet we waste just that supporting a world-wide military empire. I figure it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world stops accepting our worthless paper money, it has been bound to happen since it started in the 1920's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irony   Irony Empty

Back to top Go down

Irony
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(+)Precision :: General Discussion-
Jump to: