(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

European Sunday FSO type thing.

Go down 
+3
marcds
Klingan
Yarbles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

European Sunday FSO type thing. Empty
PostSubject: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:16 pm

I asked Steve to E mail when dates start coming through and he says:

"Sure will, I'm estimating Sunday 14th September as the first one but the others making it happen haven't confirmed that works for them (that is CM's and the CO's). When they do there will be a new public forum on the Aces High website to promote the events and that's my cue to email everyone"
--
Steve Root

And I say cheers cheers

It looks like this is actually going to happen
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Yarbs,
When they do get this up and running I think it only fitting that either yourself or klingan be the ones who sign our squad up and you guys log as the CO and XO of the event.
The only thing I would like for you to make sure of is that the squads call sign in the event is (+)Precision
That way it is the same in all of the areas.
I think that this is going to be much bigger than the FSO as there will be way more people not only from the squad but in the game on Sundays as apposed to Fridays.

With that in mind I know that both you and Klingan are more than able to handle running the show. and not making yourselves look like more of a jocolor than I have done doing the FSO... bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 pm

marcds wrote:
Yarbs,

With that in mind I know that both you and Klingan are more than able to handle running the show. and not making yourselves look like more of a jocolor than I have done doing the FSO... bounce bounce

I am sure you did a great job like you did as CO. I will take it on if Klingan doesnt want to but as the top European I think he should have first choice. If I get it bare in mind Ill be pestering you for advice affraid

I think whatever we decide should be agreed by Vuo Neutral
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:28 am

I agree Marc, I think the Sunday FSO errr SSO is going to be much bigger than Friday. I know for one, it will be easier for me to get on Sunday morning / day than it is Friday nights to take part in the Squad Ops. I think that will hold true for many players.
I look forward to it.
I also agree that since the SSO's are aimed at Euro players we should have one of our Euro squadies leading us.
This should be fun!
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Yep   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:28 pm

I agree with my 2 above colleuges on this , and am looking forward to it . Basketball Basketball Basketball
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Hey, once this gets going will I be able to hook up with (+) for it, I'm the only UK Squadie in the DM's and we have very low numbers for early evening Euro flying.

DMark
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokerinthesouth.co.uk
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Mark.
I don't see why not. we should be able to adjust our numbers to reflect how many people are flying with us.
and I can't think of any one who would think that not having more members in the SEA squad would be a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Its on cheers

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,246103.0.html

The Battle of Britain, 1940"

First frame 21st of September, starting 7pm in the UK, 8pm in France/Germany, 9 pm in Finland/Estonia, 2 PM EST
Second frame 28th of September
Third frame 5th of October

COs for first round:

Dhyran - Axis CO
rbull312 - Allied CO

In the spring of 1940, Hitler's armies smashed across the borders of the Netherlands and Belgium and streamed into the northern reaches of France. The German "Blitzkrieg" moved swiftly to the west and the south, splitting the British and French defenders, trapping the British army at Dunkirk and forcing its evacuation from continental Europe. The Germans entered Paris on June 14 and forced France's surrender on June 22. The British now stood alone, awaiting Hitler's inevitable attempt to invade and conquer their island.

Great Britain was in trouble. The soldiers rescued from Dunkirk were exhausted by their ordeal. Worse, most of their heavy armaments lay abandoned and rusting on the French beaches. After a short rest, the Germans began air attacks in early summer designed to seize mastery of the skies over England in preparation for invasion. All that stood between the British and defeat was a small force of RAF pilots outnumbered in the air by four to one.

Day after day the Germans sent armadas of bombers and fighters over England hoping to lure the RAF into battle and annihilate the defenders. Day after day the RAF scrambled their pilots into the sky to do battle often three, four or five times a day. Britain's air defense bent but did not break. By September, the Germans lost enthusiasm for the assault. Hitler postponed and then canceled invasion plans, turning his attention to the defeat of Russia. In appreciation of the RAF pilots' heroic effort, Winston Churchill declared: "Never before in human history was so much owed by so many to so few."

Campaign Map

Frame1

Country Percentages
RAF - 40%
LW - 60 %

Units:

RAF:
Hurricane Mk I – 70% (A10, A12)
Spitfire Mk I – 30% (A6)

Luftwaffe:
Bf 109E-4 – 40% (A48,A46, A45)
Ju 88A-4 – 30% Formations (A39, A50)
Ju 87 Stukas 30% (A35, A37, A60)

Orders:

RAF:

Destroy any enemy aircraft attempting to strike targets.

Restrictions:
Allies are not to cross channel midpoint or should not go east of the 13 line before enemy contact.
(Base flashing or visual contact)

Luftwaffe:

Attack the following targets.

Primary target:
Port 105 and City near port.

Secondary targets:
Air fields A10 and A12

Secret target:
Informed to CO on begin of the frame.

Restrictions:
Axis must strike the first targets within 45 minutes of launch.

General victory conditions:

Spitfire I & Hurricane I - 10 points
Bf 109E - 10 points
Ju-88 - 25 points
Ju-87 Stuka – 15 points
Boston III – 25 points
Hangars – 25 points
Guns – 5 points
Radar – 10 points
Buildings – 3 points
Fuel – 5 points
Secret target - 50 points

Arena settings

1. Terrain - Bob04
2. Icon Range - Short
3. Wind - None
4. Time -09:00 x1
5. Fighter & Bomber Warning Range - 42,000 (about 8 Miles)
6. Enemy Collisions - On
7. External view for bombers (F3) - on
8. Visibility - 10 miles
9. Friendly Collisions - off
10. Fuel - 1.5
11. Ack - 0.5
12. Kill shooter - off
13. Tower Range - 42,000 for display to aid players, set to match above setting)
14. Radar – off

Designer Notes
2 lifes for every player. Both sides may rearm/refuel on hotpads.

CM Notes
Move any Task Groups out of the way.

Design By
Sasmox and Kanga
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

Now we really need to know who is gonna fly this thing.

And on what side? scratch
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Klingan wrote:
Now we really need to know who is gonna fly this thing.

And on what side? scratch

from what I gather reading their stuff on the forum, its gonna work more like a snapshot than FSO, so at least we dont need to register a squad, etc. etc.

apparently we just show up and we figure it out from there..
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 am

See I have nominated Klingan in General as in we can join as a squad and Iam definately in.

"Never before in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

So please can we be the Brits and fly Hurri's (or Spits) pleasepleaseplease Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Sunday FSO type thing.   European Sunday FSO type thing. Empty

Back to top Go down

European Sunday FSO type thing.
Page 1 of 1