(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighter Medals

Go down 
+6
marcds
Klingan
Medic71
Mobius
Curnutte
Yarbles
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 am

I hope I am not jumping the gun here but assuming I am CO from next Tour I want to introduce Fighter skill medals as follows:

Fighter Ace Bronze (50 Kills minimum at a Kill to Death Ratio of 2:1)

Fighter Ace Silver (75 Kills minimum at a Kill to Death Ratio of 3:1)

Fighter Ace Gold (100 Kills minimum at a Kill to Death Ratio of 4:1)

Any of the above to be the individuals score at the end of a tour to qualify for the medal . When someone gets the Silver it would for example replace the bronze and be displayed on here next to there name on the left to the right of their rank as per my bomber medal.

I will introduce Platinum as soon as someone gets gold.

The idea behind this post is to consult people on whether they think this is a good idea and how it might be improved before introducing it. Obviously it wont appeal to everyone and I can't incorporate everyones opinion in everything.

So far only Klingan and Kvuo are looking like they will qualify for bronze this tour, Klingan looks to be in with a chance at Silver . I am sure allot of others if interested could get these medals and can still furball at ease in atack mode. The medals will encourage picking and caution but these are fighter skills also and I hope they will also encourage teamwork as we usuallly do better working with a wing or two etc.

It might be worth introducing a a basic Fighter medal for say 100 kills K/D ratio 1;1 to establish a basic standard that all can get to in a reasonable time frame. This also would give an indication of an expected minimum standard and could be linked to promotions though I have no proposals on this at present.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Qualified   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 5:04 pm

I would qualify for the Plastic Air Medal of .5 K/D and few kills . I'm too busy with squad biz to do this stuff .What do you want from me ?
Nutte flower
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 7:29 pm

The basic medal might be a good addition. These standards seem to the alright. I'm sure we will discuss them during the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 12:45 am

Mobius wrote:
The basic medal might be a good addition. These standards seem to the alright. I'm sure we will discuss them during the meeting.

I think it would be good to give eveyone a basic standard to aim at but having flown with you, now I think you'll be competition for the best in the squad in fighters.

I dont want people to think I am only interested in this as Iam all for the base takes but I think for the time being this is where the squad needs to develop most.

I aim to look at every element so eventually we can be the premier squad and drag the Knights kicking and screaming to the top and stay there. cheers
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Great Idea Yarbles, I would also like to see the same as in Attack, GV, and Bomber rating too. I know there are some who are against Ranks and Medals but I still feel it would give us each a goal to work for while at the same self teaching us the important skills we need to learn. Over all if we each or most, attempt to work towards these medals, as a squad we will become a formitable (sp) Squad to go up against.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Well its not going to be easy to find a "goal" for anything but fighters.
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Wow   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 7:41 pm

I don't give a rats ass about medals , just the squad . My work day is spent in a very high state of mind use and to do something else would fuck me up . I baby sit all day at work with incompetent baboons and look forward to the intelligent and lively banter on squad channel to relax as well as our gaming together . So no to medals for me . I will do with the plastic , thank you .
Nutte
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 pm

I am siding with John on this one. While I am all for the medal concept and the hope that it will drive the squad towards being a much better fighting element. I care so little about my K/D ratio that I don't even know where to look for it.
While I love flying with you guys I don't plan on worrying about what or how I am doing on the game as this truly is my way of unwinding after a long day at the plant and dealing with the cry babies there.

If there is anything that I can do to help you out with any of this Yarbles I will be more than happy to pitch in where I can. and I will always strive to be a better fighter pilot. (learning from every one I can)

I am behind you 110% on rank structure. I do believe that we need to have some form of ranking to strive for.
Back to top Go down
my2fast
Captain
Captain
my2fast

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:37 am

I too fully support interim CO Yarbles. Let me know if i can design anything to attach to names on forums, yarbles.
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: My Question   Fighter Medals EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 8:31 pm

My concern is only this , if a guy is working on his medals and is in a situation where he does not help a squaddie on the defense or has a bad guy on his 6 and needs a hand but doesn't get it because of a stupid medal that would be fucked up in my opinion . And if medals are awarded for fighter kills why not for heroism or sacrificing himself for his squad brothers or taking one for the team . This can get detailed and medals have conditions that dictate policy of how , what , when , where , why it is awarded with witnesses and so forth . So you see what I'm saying its deep brothers and can be good or bad depends on the circumstances and who was saved or suffered .
Nutte albino
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 am

Curnutte wrote:
My concern is only this , if a guy is working on his medals and is in a situation where he does not help a squaddie on the defense or has a bad guy on his 6 and needs a hand but doesn't get it because of a stupid medal that would be fucked up in my opinion .

And this is exactly what will happen. Trust me on this.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:41 am

Klingan wrote:
Curnutte wrote:
My concern is only this , if a guy is working on his medals and is in a situation where he does not help a squaddie on the defense or has a bad guy on his 6 and needs a hand but doesn't get it because of a stupid medal that would be fucked up in my opinion .

And this is exactly what will happen. Trust me on this.

It would definitely promote more careful/safe/timid flying.

Which for our squad, may be good, or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Xcel

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Medals   Fighter Medals EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 pm

If you start incorporating medals as rewards, more than likely after 1 tour they will become goals. Not long there is a 65% chance you will become Timd, running, Picking Assholes. Such as all the scorewhores in LW (example Pacerr). If that happens, the squad will begin to fall apart, and people start quitting.

Sure this is a worst case scenario, but it's very likely to happen if medals are started. I have seen about 3 r 4 squads that used medals, and all of them fell apart very fast.

All I'm saying is be careful with medals.
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Curnutte wrote:
My concern is only this , if a guy is working on his medals and is in a situation where he does not help a squaddie on the defense or has a bad guy on his 6 and needs a hand but doesn't get it because of a stupid medal that would be fucked up in my opinion . And if medals are awarded for fighter kills why not for heroism or sacrificing himself for his squad brothers or taking one for the team . This can get detailed and medals have conditions that dictate policy of how , what , when , where , why it is awarded with witnesses and so forth . So you see what I'm saying its deep brothers and can be good or bad depends on the circumstances and who was saved or suffered .
Nutte albino

As for breaking away to score whore, I think it comes down to Squad and Squadmates, Country, Self and in that order. But there are a lot of times that only one or two of us are on.... and during those times it would be nice to have a squad represented goal to work towards..... I am also for the rank and file structor in this aspect...... I would like to see those who have a higher rank and lead the missions, those wishing to have a higher rank, assit in these missions or post some of your own when squadies arnt around. IE if ean or nutte post a mission and marc is there, marc can make changes to the mission as he sees fit...(due to rank = experince) these are just my feelings on this. Its a bit embarrasing to me, to have been a part of this squad for almost two years, and now having the net at home flying at least 4 to 5 days a week. I make every FSO and lead the squad in GV score, but still remain a 2nd LT. I think there needs to be a better structure here.
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Tim,
We will definatly get things like that worked out.
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 pm

OK guys where does it end.

1. We have rank.
2. Now we want medals.
3. next is plastering those medals all over this site.
4. lets bow to the person with the most medals
5. Then we make more promotions based on kill ratio.
6. Kill ratios will become more important than helping a squad member out during a fur ball. I cant count how many times I have saved a squaddies ass to get blown out of the sky when I zoom buy.

I am not here for medals. I am here to have a good time.

THUD
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm

As for breaking away to score whore, I think it comes down to Squad and Squadmates, Country, Self and in that order. But there are a lot of times that only one or two of us are on.... and during those times it would be nice to have a squad represented goal to work towards..... I am also for the rank and file structor in this aspect...... I would like to see those who have a higher rank and lead the missions, those wishing to have a higher rank, assit in these missions or post some of your own when squadies arnt around. IE if ean or nutte post a mission and marc is there, marc can make changes to the mission as he sees fit...(due to rank = experince) these are just my feelings on this. Its a bit embarrasing to me, to have been a part of this squad for almost two years, and now having the net at home flying at least 4 to 5 days a week. I make every FSO and lead the squad in GV score, but still remain a 2nd LT. I think there needs to be a better structure here.

From Medic

I hear you bro! No need for rank. We all do a great job without the rank BS.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:16 pm

THUDMAN wrote:

1. We have rank. Yes
2. Now we want medals. Could be
3. next is plastering those medals all over this site. Not really
4. lets bow to the person with the most medals Nah bowing to me me is enough
5. Then we make more promotions based on kill ratio. Read the "minutes" from sunday
6. Kill ratios will become more important than helping a squad member out during a fur ball. I cant count how many times I have saved a squaddies ass to get blown out of the sky when I zoom buy.

See above, its not going to be alowed to happen

I am not here for medals. I am here to have a good time. As it should be

THUD
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: What He Said   Fighter Medals EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:14 am

I agree its as Klingan responded to Thudman who responded to Medic who responded to Nutte who was the scribe of the meeting minutes this past sunday and wrote and posted the minutes just so everyone could respond to those minutes in the perscribed fashion . We are a big happy family of a squad and I prefer it that way as it promotes friendship and enjoyment .
Nutte the Janitor afro
Back to top Go down

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:09 am

Klingan wrote:
THUDMAN wrote:

1. We have rank. Yes
2. Now we want medals. Could be
3. next is plastering those medals all over this site. Not really
4. lets bow to the person with the most medals Nah bowing to me me is enough
5. Then we make more promotions based on kill ratio. Read the "minutes" from sunday

See above, its not going to be alowed to happen

I am not here for medals. I am here to have a good time. As it should be

THUD

Kling this is what the squad thinks, and hopes will stay. However it takes more work than I think you people realize to stay on the 'course for fun not medals'. Too many squads fall quickly due to medals being brought in and suddenly the big happy family turns into a big score-whoring group of four-times-removed-uncles at a family reunion.
If you bring medals in, be sure you are ready and sure that all members understand it is purely to congratulate those that preformed very well not to be goals; As with Yarbles' Bomber medal, he got #1 so 'way to go him', that is not a medal set as a 'Everyone go try and beat this, it's a goal' thing. The second people consider them goals, everything goes to hell.
Just be careful about it IF you bring medals in. Nice to be able to fly with some people I know sometimes, would hate to see everyone fall apart due to stupid little imaginary 'medals'. Some squads keep this under control and do well with it though.
I say you all should steer clear of medals, they are pointless anyways (except ones like Yarbles'; wtg Very Happy ). Just trying to keep a good squad in that state.

~S~
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey Kirk errr X errr what ever.. don't you have your own squad to deal with and advise. Or, did your 1 member drop out leaving you alone and with nothing to do but stick your nose in to other squads business.
All of us who fly (+) and have not run off because some drunk squadie pissed us off or thought the grass might be greener on the other side.. do realize this is a f'ing game and are here for fun. I don't think the introduction of medals is going to ruin this squad.

"...Oh woes me.. Klingan got yet another fighter medal.... He's such an ass hole.. I think I need to quit this squad... whaaaaa.. whaaaa.. I just suck sooo bad ( really kinda do) ..whaaaa.. I can't handle the intimidation from the rest of these magnificant (+) pilots..."

In fact, do you even fly Knights more than 10% of the time....????
Didn't think so... Shut the F'! Up!
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Saffron wrote:
Hey Kirk errr X errr what ever.. don't you have your own squad to deal with and advise. Or, did your 1 member drop out leaving you alone and with nothing to do but stick your nose in to other squads business.
All of us who fly (+) and have not run off because some drunk squadie pissed us off or thought the grass might be greener on the other side.. do realize this is a f'ing game and are here for fun. I don't think the introduction of medals is going to ruin this squad.

"...Oh woes me.. Klingan got yet another fighter medal.... He's such an ass hole.. I think I need to quit this squad... whaaaaa.. whaaaa.. I just suck sooo bad ( really kinda do) ..whaaaa.. I can't handle the intimidation from the rest of these magnificant (+) pilots..."

In fact, do you even fly Knights more than 10% of the time....????
Didn't think so... Shut the F'! Up!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:32 pm

I see obviously Saffron left the stick in his ass overnight.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Cmon people we can all see the negative psiibilities in any meaningfull idea. I think its easy to see how this can be abused but please refer to my answer in the minutes to the meeting.

The basic answer to be refined is that Medals should be achived in a limited time frame and I expect for a smaller numnber of kills than I have stated so far. As a measure of skill K/D has to be included but I would limit the participating time to say 10 hours per tour in fighter mode for anyone interested in going for a medal and all else can be done in atack. Once a medal has been achived and verified then fighter mode can also be used for the remainder of the tour however the squaddie likes.

Like everything there may be initial interest and then things will settle down.

If it proves dettremental we can revert back.

Furthermore and this is the big one. We should all have higher K/D FLYING TOGETHER cheers

Last edited by Yarbles on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Medic71 wrote:
Curnutte wrote:
Nutte albino

The current system is to arbitrary and as you can see Iam trying to change it. farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fighter Medals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighter Medals   Fighter Medals Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighter Medals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next