(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old or New?? That is the question...

Go down 
+6
zack1234
Klingan
8313jbx
marcds
Yarbles
Saffron
10 posters

Keep the old Site??
Yes, Keep the old and forget the new.
Old or New?? That is the question... Vote_lcap26%Old or New?? That is the question... Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
No, loose the old, start using the new site.
Old or New?? That is the question... Vote_lcap74%Old or New?? That is the question... Vote_rcap
 74% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

Old or New?? That is the question... Empty
PostSubject: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Do we keep with the old site or loose it and move on to the new??
Please read the "New Site" thread to see the benefits and lack of cons.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:08 pm

I will keep bouncing this to the top and suggest we allow about 14 days for voting from today. In the meantime I will E mail everyone and ask them to vote. Whatever the outcome it will be a good one as we will all have had an equal chance to influence it.
Back to top Go down
my2

PostSubject: My 2 cents   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:03 pm

I was gonna hold my peace, but i feel like im still aaron, so i gonna say wat i have to say.

First and foremost, please dont think that just becuz i dont update this site that i dont give a rat's ass about you guys, or (+) for that matter.

I dont update this site, becuz i dont have TIME.

Tim, wat you are doing is great, in my humble opinion, but what you are doing in my engineering regards is a waste of time becuz its "re-inventing the wheel". And i can certainly tell you that you can put another 100 hours into your current site, but if you dont understand the basic of HTML, your site will still be very limited to its potential. I'd almost rather you learn HTML with those 100 hours and empowered urself with a language that is some 20+ years old and use it with something i have started; making a platform better not going 5 steps back to take 1 step forward.

And trust me, i have no problem taking down this site, as i have accomplished what i set out to do with this site. I did it becuz i promised Float and Marc. I accomplished it to the best that i could with the time i had. Now, i dont have a problem with moving on. As for the private forum function, i have reiterate many of times, that this forum hoster does not have the capability, not becuz i dont want (+) to have one.

The bottom line is this: You guys decide what will fit/form/function for (+). New doesnt always mean better, as i said, you build on the platform, not reinvent the wheel.

Okie, now that i have spoken my peace.

As for T-shirt designs and graphic designs, i would like to see someone debacle my ability and reinvent it. Please do so i can see what i am not good at.

You guys will always be my cartoon buddies. Nuff said. Hope i didnt burn any bridges, just laying out the facts.

Thank you and have a good day. LOL.... lol!
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:31 am

As I am lucky just to be able to find and log onto which ever sight we choose I would like to thank both Aaron and Tim.
Aaron has always supported the squad and has always cared for and supported everyone here.

Tim is starting to come into his own in the squad and looking for more responsability. In other words he to is starting to support and care for the squad.

Thank you both. Bow Bow
Back to top Go down
8313jbx
1st Lt.
1st Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:10 am

Bow Bow Bow Saff's Wife
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:52 am

I really don't have anything to add to the 2 previous statements. But an extra Saff's Wife can never be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Okay.. we are up to 12 people voting. Hopefully all squadies and not Kirk..errr..I mean X ..or whatever or other guest.

I have noticed though only about 15 of us squadies use this page on a regular basis. (The core, IMHO)
I say we give this pole until the end of Dec. If you see a squadie in game thats not on here much, let them know about the pole, but if they're not on here.. who the F' cares anyway.

I feel it only right to make the decission to keep one or the other in a timley manner for the almighty dictator(s) that control each sight and so they can make appropriate arrangements for termination of said page.

Just bringing the topic back up to the top.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Saffron wrote:
If you see a squadie in game thats not on here much, let them know about the pole, but if they're not on here.. who the F' cares anyway.

Quoted for truth bounce
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 10:56 pm

I think we need a third site Very Happy and some more Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:48 am

zack1234 wrote:
I think we need a third site Very Happy and some more Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife

why stop at 3 when there are about 20 of us...lets all make sites! bounce bounce bounce lol! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Floatsup
Colonel
Colonel
Floatsup

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:58 am

The Site better be up to par. Thats all I can say about it.
Back to top Go down
8313jbx
1st Lt.
1st Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:20 am

Read The Damn Thread Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife Saff's Wife
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Floatsup wrote:
The Site better be up to par. Thats all I can say about it.

I have to say openly i prefer using this one at the moment but cant see any reason why the other cant be as good and better.

For the time being I prefer the appearance of the posts here and they fit my screen better. I find the black on white thing easier on the eye. This one for me is more about technology and less nostalgia in appearnce but the new one has more pottential apparently.

I hope medic has the time and energy to achive the full pottential of the new site. cheers

I think eventually we can shift over but it may take time which is no problem.

Good as my word I say the new site is the official site once the voting has ended and if it reamins on top anything else is undemocratic imho farao I think I said 2 weeks and no one has objected. I guess official is the one on the tee shirts and the one that come up in AH2 when you log on.
Back to top Go down
zack1234
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
zack1234

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 pm

everything was fine until yarbles became co! Laughing
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 am

I vote..........Either
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:06 am

zack1234 wrote:
everything was fine until yarbles became co! Laughing

I think I am finally begining to reverse the decline that set in around the time we recruited Zack Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Saffron wrote:
I say we give this pole until the end of Dec. If you see a squadie in game thats not on here much, let them know about the pole, but if they're not on here.. who the F' cares anyway.

Originally the pole was until 23rd December but to the end of December works to. Judgeing by the results so far its going to the new site.

I would say make the new site the official site in January if the voting goes as predicted but keep this one going until medic gets the new one as user friendly.

I havent seen much development on Precision squad lately which is fine as developing a new site has to be allot of work and take time. If we have to move over their wholesale in January it will put pressure in medic and he could easily go the way of MY2 geek.

Serioulsy though lets be patient, etablish the official site and then wait till we have things like a complete roster, the site fits screens and we are all on there etc etc etc before we close down here. As I have said I would like larger font over there and black on white for clarity but I dont always get what I want Mad Crying or Very sad I think most would agree the new is not a slick as the old yet but getting there, if medic gets pulled into something else before it is finished we could be in the sheet.

As far as I am concerned we have one official site from January with a view to one site only in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 am

Thank you Yarbles for you Patients. So Please again bare with me as we do some updates. I have posted new things on the new forums and would reply to them. Also the site has been updated.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 am

Medic71 wrote:
Thank you Yarbles for you Patients. So Please again bare with me as we do some updates. I have posted new things on the new forums and would reply to them. Also the site has been updated.

Ok so Precisionsquad is official from 1 st of Jan unless there is a major change in voting and precision Aces keeps going as back up until Squad is completed.

Floats is going to ask MY2 to keep going for the time being and Vuo has kindly offered to cover any costs in the interim associated with Precision Aces though I think these should really come from squad funds. Anyway that can be sorted out later.

farao
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 5:18 pm

This needs to be in view with the meeting coming up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old or New?? That is the question...   Old or New?? That is the question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old or New?? That is the question...
Page 1 of 1