(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Promotions

Go down 
+6
Yarbles
Klingan
Ean1
kvuo75
8313jbx
Mobius
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:44 am

I know that a while back marc, floats, and some others, klingan probably held a meeting to determine whether or not we were going to incorporate rank

I think it would be a good idea if we had a sticky of the criteria for rank advancement. Is is just being active for a certain amount of time, or is it doing that and then some. It would be useful for both those of us in the squad currently, those of us who have been in the squad for a while, and those of us who have just joined the squad.

pirat Arrow king
Back to top Go down
8313jbx
1st Lt.
1st Lt.

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:47 am

Mobus 1st lt cheers
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:34 am

8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt cheers

we never really have had a criteria... when we first started doing these "ranks" I had reservations myself, and still do. As it is, there's the "comitteee", which is floatsup, curnutte, klingan, 8313, and the CO (which happens to be me at the time, for another unknown reason), the comittee were selected by marcds (when he was CO) when the squad ranks started. as far as I know, the comittee just decides on promotions willy-nilly..

It's all purely symbolic, and I am in favor of getting rid of them altogether, but that it is a question for the next squad meeting... which, I dont know when will be.
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 am

Promotions for everyone. drunken Arrow cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 6:54 am

I sell promotions for beer.... drunken
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 7:52 am

Klingan wrote:
I sell promotions for beer.... drunken

I like promotions cos Ive had 2 cheers

Seriously I think rank and promotions are a good idea in as much as they motivate people. Anything wihch motivates people should be considered worthwhile.

The criteria is show up, make an effort and put in a bit extra.

Vuo is someowhat unique in that he has always done the above and has had rank and responsibility thrust upon him. I can see others pursue rank and promotion in the same way people pursue anything in a sport or hobby.

I can devise criteria up to for first and second lt and beyond very easily if that is fairer, but keep the comitte for captain and above as this should be based on fullfilling a particular task. Something like running ESO or FSO for a Tour.

BTW my next promotion is "Squadron Leader" in the RAF and I would like to be actual squaddron leader for 3 tours. I would have Vuo and Marc to deal with US time and Klingan to help me in our time zone. I will then for my period of office try to get these things sorted out while concentrating on developing the team activities and our skills.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 8:26 am

Ideas

To 2 nd Lt you have to:

1) Have Joined obvioulsy
2) Registered on the cite and given a contact point or valid excuse
3) Put in say 20 hours made up in a variety of activities eg bomber, Fighter GV over one tour.

NOW HERE IS THE CLEVER PART.

All future promotions are offered on the cite for a tour and have to be accepted. They then become permenant.
So people who arnt interested in promotions dont have to accept them or go after them.

I think 1ST Lt should be based on say 3 Tours similar to the above and should be applied for as in "Ive done my tours now where is my promotion".

Captain and Above

Apply to the commitee (which may have to be reconstituted according to rank i.e. eventuially be made up of ex CO.S) and be given a task to be completed satisfactorily like running FSO/ESO/Scrimmages/ merchandise etc.

For Ranks above captain a succesfull 3 tour period as CO. Rank will be added at the start of the CO Period and established if the CO doesnt fuk up.
There it is farao

Also I think there are people in the squad who dont like to take things seriously and can be great fun. There are also people who like to be a bit more serious and we should cater for both. Its obvious several people want to be active and have this recognised by rank and promotion. Anyone who doesnt care about Rankc can be re classified 2 nd Lt whenever they want reflecting a more relaxed attitiude. Klingan cannot sell his Rank to anyone for beer as only a swede would be eligible.
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 am

I like your ideas Capt. Yarbles and wouldn't mind seeing rank used more often in the game, to add alittle more realism at times. You should also get to jump up 2 levels in rank for all your efforts.(me brown nosing already, lol) Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:47 am

Ean1 wrote:
I like your ideas Capt. Yarbles and wouldn't mind seeing rank used more often in the game, to add alittle more realism at times. You should also get to jump up 2 levels in rank for all your efforts.(me brown nosing already, lol) Wink

1 promotion = "Squadron Leader" cheers

2 promotion is "Group Captain" and I am back where i started lol!

I am glad you agree. I dont think we can use rank to order people about (not without there consent anyway) but we can use it to reflect commitment , skill and input. We can also have more organisation for effectiveness and realism. The ESO/FSO scrimmages are leading in this direction. As long as its all voluntary fine.

Anyone who wants to should be able to work up to a spell as CO. I know of at least half a dozen squaddies who are motivated by clearlydefined goals and challenges. Maybe half the squad also like to be laid back which is fine but I also see people getting bored when things dont change and I think part of the fun of this game is learning, going after stuff and feeling like you are getting better.

And just to return the favour all you would have to do is apply for 1st LT based on your track record.

I reckon the criteria might be 20 hours a month for 3 months and attendance at a minimum of 2 squad activities a month during the same period. I susspect several including you ean would have already qualified on those criteria.

These would be

1)FSO
2)ESO
3)Scrimmage
4)Squad Meeting
5)Sunday Squad practice scrimmage.

Further I propose we keep the bomber medal I have as a measure of commitment and practice. I think we should also introduce fighter medals based on kill death ratio during a tour combined with total no of kills.

Fighter Ace 3rd class 50 Kills in a tour at K/D 2/1

Fighter Ace 2nd class 75 Kills in a tour at K/D 3/1

Fighter Ace 1st Class 100 Kills in a tour K/D 4/1

These may seem tough but they reflect the standards in the MA.

The rest of my CO manifesto is. Squad meeting only when called though anyone can call one for that month and I will publicise it. The promotion commitee to include me also and sit whenever a First lt or above applies for promotion within a reasonable time frame. I will as CO administer current promotions to 1st and 2 nd LT using the above critera though these will be aired on the forumn again for consultation. Tenure as CO can be challenged every 3 tours if someone else wants a go or emmediatley if the co is pissing people off lol! .

I will also see if I can get mY2 to make changes on the cite. He usually doesnt mind doing promotions and stuff.

Voo doesnt know why he is CO though hes done a good job. I want to be CO and am full of ideas, enthusiasm and am ready to step up to the plate.

anyone agree/disagree?
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:13 pm

You go girl. cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:20 pm

kvuo75 wrote:
8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt cheers

and the CO (which happens to be me at the time, for another unknown reason), .

Vuo with the best will in the world if you feel you dont have anything more to offer to the post at the moment do you mind stepping down and letting me have a go.

I will then E mail everyone else for posssible objections and if there arnt any step up.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Klingan wrote:
You go girl. cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol!

It only makes sense you know. I work in the financial sector so I am bound to act responsibly.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 3:40 pm

kvuo75 wrote:
8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt

Vuo with the best will in the world if you feel you dont have anything more to offer to the post at the moment do you mind stepping down and letting me have a go.

I will then E mail everyone else for posssible objections and if there arnt any step up.
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Yarbles wrote:
kvuo75 wrote:
8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt

absolutely yarbs, if you remember, I nominated you for CO whenever it was, but everyone insisted on me Smile i think you'd do a hell of alot better as CO than I have (i havent done really anything as near as I can figure) lol!

so, if this is official enough, I resign as CO, and hereby give full support to mr. yerboeuls cheers
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Yay Yarbles as CO cheers

I guess we are going to need that sundat meeting now. 26th right?
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:53 am

Klingan wrote:
Yay Yarbles as CO cheers

I guess we are going to need that sundat meeting now. 26th right?

We only need the meeting if someone wants one. I would rather fly scrimmages plus I am away on the 26th. All I want to do If I am CO is propose some new initiatives on here and by E mail re the promotions and medals as above. I am not sure how many people give a chit about this stuff or will admit to but personally I do and people have asked me how it works. Ill propose the structure for consultation and then if its agreeable make it a sticky.

The reality is that Marc and Kvuo tend to run and organise the informal flying in US time to the extent that it needs organising and I think Kling and I do the same in our time with some overlap. FSO is again Marc and Voo generally while scrimmages and ESO is me and Kling. Promotions, Rank, Squad lists, Data Base tend to opperate out of here and I am on here more than anyone else so whilde this is being clarrified and amended I might as well be CO for a while. After that I hope one of the 1st LT'S will be ready to have a go becuase they want to develop something.
Back to top Go down
Ean1
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Ean1

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Promotions   Promotions EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:06 am

What, no meeting. Suspect Just kidding but i think having a meeting is still a good idea even if it is short. Then we could get together and do whatever. I would like to see a large group sometimes in main arena kick some butt and take a few bases. (Because taking ground and pushing the enemy back is what i like to do.) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
my2

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:29 am

Lets be clear.... i was always for a ranking or some kind of organization structure. Still do believe in it even though im not an active member of the squad.

I pushed for it from day one, and firmly believe a squad that advertises flying together just for fun is a squad with no clear structure and often enough lack direction. Mind ass well not call it a "squad = squadron" .. . . .call it a group/posse/crew . . .watever... but dont define yourself as a freakin squad.

Im supporting Yarbles objectives on this.

Also second short meetings....... meetings serve multiple purposes: 1. Info flowdown 2. Monthly achievements / moral booster 3. Concerns/bitch/gripe from members to better the "squad"

Okie, now i'm out.... lol
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:56 am

my2 wrote:
Lets be clear.... i was always for a ranking or some kind of organization structure. Still do believe in it even though im not an active member of the squad.

I pushed for it from day one, and firmly believe a squad that advertises flying together just for fun is a squad with no clear structure and often enough lack direction. Mind ass well not call it a "squad = squadron" .. . . .call it a group/posse/crew . . .watever... but dont define yourself as a freakin squad.

Im supporting Yarbles objectives on this.

Also second short meetings....... meetings serve multiple purposes: 1. Info flowdown 2. Monthly achievements / moral booster 3. Concerns/bitch/gripe from members to better the "squad"

Okie, now i'm out.... lol

Thanks for the support.

I think you and I think alike on allot of this stuff. I hope you will be able to make a few amendments to the site re promotions and recognition which I am proposing and set up some stickies. I will put everything up for consultation first but broadly I want to go with what I have propsed above re promotions and Medals.

The idea behind everthing is to motivate and encourage teamwork as well as develop a structure that will help everyone improve and enjoy themselves as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Yarbles wrote:
kvuo75 wrote:
8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt

alright, well then let me be the first to step up and say: "Hey, where's my promotion" lol! afro Twisted Evil pirat
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Mobius wrote:
Yarbles wrote:
kvuo75 wrote:
8313jbx wrote:
Mobus 1st lt

alright, well then let me be the first to step up and say: "Hey, where's my promotion" lol! afro Twisted Evil pirat

I need to get this sorted out asap, I will have to post the criteria as a sticky and then check who has qualified. Youll get it sooner or later cheers You were first to ask so Ill look at yours first Wink
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting   Promotions EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:46 pm

I would like to call a meeting on a date where max members are in attendance and we should do like we always do and vote , after all we are democratic and we did all agree to this style of process at a meeting we held before. This will confirm Yarbles appointment to the CO position by all members and He then can install his ideas
and organizing efforts with complete legitimacy . I will second Saffron's yay to Yarbles as CO. I would also suggest that a message of the day in the MA's be posted accordingly so all can issue their two cents on the proposed vote at the announced time and place . Nominations of others should also be brought up with in the given time frame if anyone has a need to do so. We have always done it this way and we should continue in the same fashion
Thanks Nutte flower santa geek bounce Embarassed
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:56 pm

As a formality to follow our previos guidelines I agree with the need of a meeting to make this official.
We are going to need a secretary who can record meeting minutes so that this will (officially) be logged into the squads logs.
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:22 am

I suggest our normal meeting.. Last Sunday of the month .. Oct. 26th @ 11:00 PST 3:00 Est if that foes not conflict with ESO.
As for the European time zones....????.. have they made any progress on changing those to better fit MY schedule??
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Its usually at 2 pm EST Suspect

Unfortunately thats the same as ESO but there isnt one on the 26th anyway so Cool

I am all for the domocratic process and as long as people broadly are in agreement I dont need to be there to fight my corner.

Here is what I have put forward in the CO thread.

"I dont mind you saying nice things about me behind my back

While you are at it promote me to RAF squaddron leader revocable if I dont survive 3 tours and I would like a seat on the commitee for promotions. RAF Squaddron Leader = US MAJOR. It means I can drink with you in the officers club Vuo but we will still have to buy all Klingans beer

BTW I am not going to change anything without first putting it on here for consultation and agreement.

I want to establish a clear constitution, a meaningfull promotion structure and medals to reward skill and endeavour. Then rank will cease to be only symbolic and hopefully people will want to get more involved As it is a well publicised event can get 12 or more of around 18 active members involved. Thats quite an achivement where so many people will allocate their free time to this. The squad is driven by a few active members paricularly it has been Floats, Marc, My2, Nutte, Vuo, Klingan and myself and probably a couple of others. We need to make sure that can be recognised and encouraged and new people can find a way to get involved if they want to.

I am sure people like Saffron, Mobius, 12 High, Ean, Thud, Nasty, Zak, Chungo even Reiner etc would like to get a bit more involved from time to time in organising events or going after medals. We need there to be a clear route for everyone from OTS to CO or squaddron commander in battle (what Klingan does)".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions   Promotions Empty

Back to top Go down

Promotions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next