(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008

Go down 
+5
Medic71
Saffron
Klingan
THUDMAN
Yarbles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Appologies for the length of the Minutes we covered allot of ground. I am e mailing them to those who are on the list as well as posting in the forum. If you wish to comment please do so IN THE FORUM. Neutral

As Usual in the TA on 144 at 2pm EST.

In Attendance;

12 High
Nutte
Ean 1
Klingan
Kvuo
Marcds
Milton
Voids
Zack 1234
Yarbles
Saffron

(No appologies for absence notified except Saffron who was there)

The Meeting Began with a follow my Leader in the RV8 by Klingan with Voids the last survivor. It was decided Voids would lead this event at the next meeting.

(I beleive the command to get the plane was .showrv please correct this if necessary)

Nutte's Report

Nutte first up dated us on Scrimages as follows.

The A8'S wont commit to a firm date until they are sure they have enough players available and have had the rules of engagement drafted and approved by the UN.

The concensus was that perhaps they misunderstood how important the outcome of the scrimage was and that it should just be seen as fun and not taken too seriously. Obviously if we win we will ridicule them but we would only expect the same if it goes the other way and already have some experience of coming second.

Other Squads in the process of being challenged:

Arabian Knights
Free Birds
"The Mighty" POTW (Round 2).
"The Hilarious " Drunken Monkeys (Round 2).

and others to follow.

It was clear that Nutte has been putting allot of work into squad matters and I for one expressed concern that he didn't overdo it and have to go into early retirement.
Nutte expressed the centiment that was strongly echoed that we missed MY2.
Saffron without too much persuasion agreed to help nutte in general and particularly with liason for scrimages and merchandise.

Marc

Commended the squad on the recent increase in effective teamwork (from what had been quite a low base was also my inference) He said he would like to see more of this in the future (and I think this was well recieved).

Klingan, Yarbles, Score and Fighter skills

Nutte pointed out that the squad rank was improving and I think we all concurred we would like to see the squad get recognition for a higher and Higher ranking.

To this end rather than personal glory Klingan and I made suggestions how squaddies could easily improve their scores with little effort. I plan to make a seperate post in "General" on this where everyone can post their ideas.

(My 2 pence) I would like to say we should all aim to achieve reasonable scores via these methods so we can forget about score in general and get on with having fun. I believe individual accalades are a good idea in a particular tour like No1 GVer etc as they give a focus for people to spend time developing particular skills they can use and pass on. Generally pushing the squad up the rankings is a good idea and will develp morale and aid recruitment. I think we have to be carefull score is not at the expense of teamwork and having fun though.

I suggested that Fighter Skills are the ultimate accalade and the hardest to gain. Klingan pointed out to my surprise that Iam the only one in the squad who specifically works on this. I traine in the TA and MA For 1-2 hours a week on a one to one basis with Spatula from the training squad. This has consistently increased my kill to death ratio from a very low base and Klingan confirmed he could see significant improvement.

We agreed I should see if the training squad would consider a general session for the squad and if anyone has trouble arrangeing any individual training they want they can get back to me and I will try and help them arrange something.

Private Squad Area

Nutte suggested a private squad only area in the forum which was generally seen as a good idea and not too difficult to arrange. I am not sure who would take what action.

MY2

Concern was expressed about how he was getting on and when he would be back. Nutte volunteered to contact him.

Ean and Zack

They were assked how they like things having been in the squad now in the case of zack for more than one tour.

Ean was generally very happy as was Zack but Zack said he would like more missions which I picked up on.

My Rant

I suggested that the squad should take account of new and less experienced people by making it more clear what was going on at any time and taking opportunities as much as possible to get people involed.

For example rather that just saying 110's from to x, Explaining in Plain language what is happening next as in

"We are taking 110's with bombs and drop tanks from A11 to V25 50% fuel on the SW runway" then sitting on the runway for a minute so people can get on board.

If only a couple of people are needed for this part of the opperation then suggest what other squad members can do to contribute to the objective in a way that they can understand and taking account of the quality of the radio i.e. S L O W L Y and C L E A R L Y lol!

People can allways play a part even if its as Back Up, Remaining in Defence or in a diversionary capacity. The more we try to involve people especially the newer ones the more we will grow and improve.

etc Sleep Sleep appologies for the rant I feel better now.

Mid Week Squad Meeting

No agreement on this yet though I think it will come up again. There is some enthusiasm for going mid war on Titanic Tuesday.

Marcs Closing Comments

Marc made a few closing comments which I took to be in his role as former CO. (The commanding officer is changed every 3 or 6 months I am not sure how long the tour is)

He suggested we needed more organisation specifically in multi tasks eg defending bases possibly more than 1 simultaneously as well as mount offensive opperations at the same time. People would have to be allocated specific bases at various times if there was to be a coherent strategy especially in the light of the overwhelming force the Bishops had been applying lately. He suggested that Kvuo as the CO would have to get hold of people (not his exact words).

My personal view of this is I am in favour of some more organisation and co ordination but I am not sure whether the majority just like to keep things fairly loose acting mostly on their own initiative percieving this sort of approach as more fun. . scratch

Kvuo asked if anyone had anything further to add and the meeting closed.
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm

very nice....but oranization is the word here..... afro
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Do we have a Training Officer on staff? It would help if someone who is familiar with the AH world to explain a few things to the rest of us old men that dont learn to fast.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 8:40 pm

And where were u when the rest of us had the meeting??

scratch
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 am

Thank you Yarbles
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:11 am

THUDMAN wrote:
very nice....but oranization is the word here..... afro

Do you mean Organization which is spelt correctly organisation. I know this to be true because we invented the language and that is why its called English Razz

Re Training

No news yet about squad training but here is an example of stuff Spatula E mailed this week to give you a flavour of what we cover:

"What i said was that removing an identical/near-identical aircraft from your 6 which is at close-range and is the same speed as you is probably one of the hardest & riskiest things to do. Of course this assumes that your opponent doesnt fall for the simple throttle-chop 'top-gun' style overshoot. My point was that when you're in this position, its worth a try, as its really all you have left - and relying on your opponent making basic mistakes is hardly a good way to ensure your virtual survival. Its best to have options at all times, in this case, you only have one do-or-die cheap trick left up your sleeve. If you had not allowed this situation to develop, then you would have several cards up your sleeve - which is a much better proposition.

It's still worth learning this last-ditch do-or-die 'cheap trick'tho - as quite a number of people will fall for it - even vets who dont think you will do it to them Smile

We can cover how to avoid becoming a victim of this 'cheap trick' too if you want.

All of the following things need to exist for it to be a dangerous situation (remove one or more and you're giving yourself some more options):
1. Identical or similar type of aircraft (or even one with a better turn rate).
2. Proximity: eg under 1.0K is dangerous, whereas 2k is enough room to reverse and meet them Head On.
3. Closure: Whats the relative speed difference between you and your opponent? Fast closure = easy to avoid, slow or none = much harder (remember faster aircraft turn bigger circles and wont be able to follow you exactly).
4. Angle-off-tail: Are they dead on your six or coming in from 9o'clock? the closer they are to dead-6, the harder it will be for you.

Change any or all of the above, and you will be doing yourself a favour in dislodging the attacker."
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Klingan wrote:
And where were u when the rest of us had the meeting??

scratch

SHUTUP! Probably fixing fence and after that sleeping under a shade tree drunk as a waltzing pissant
Back to top Go down
Medic71
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Medic71

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:16 pm

I would like to thank you Yarbles for posting such good notes from the meetings, though personal reasons will not allow me to attend the meetings on sundays at the present time. I know that when I do log onto the squads website. I am able to be updated instantly on things missed and disscussed. Thanks again Yarbles keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Medic403 wrote:
I would like to thank you Yarbles for posting such good notes from the meetings, though personal reasons will not allow me to attend the meetings on sundays at the present time. I know that when I do log onto the squads website. I am able to be updated instantly on things missed and disscussed. Thanks again Yarbles keep up the good work.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Our HTC Wiki site   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 2:12 am

I have noticed that our Aces high Wiki site needs some updates , and we should have a squad officers assignment board roster with who , what , when , where put up so squad members can contact the correct person involved with what matters concern them . This should be displayed somewhere like our roster or some open area for all to see . I for an exhample have seen that Klingan is the Squad AETC Officer . The meaning is Air Education and Training Coordnator or something like that . I think that these positions should be solidified and posted , what do you guys think of this .
Thanks Nutte
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 7:09 am

Curnutte wrote:
I for an exhample have seen that Klingan is the Squad AETC Officer . The meaning is Air Education and Training Coordnator or something like that .
Thanks Nutte

W00T!!!??? lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Curnutte wrote:
I have noticed that our Aces high Wiki site needs some updates , and we should have a squad officers assignment board roster with who , what , when , where put up so squad members can contact the correct person involved with what matters concern them . This should be displayed somewhere like our roster or some open area for all to see . I for an exhample have seen that Klingan is the Squad AETC Officer . The meaning is Air Education and Training Coordnator or something like that . I think that these positions should be solidified and posted , what do you guys think of this .
Thanks Nutte

It all sounds like a great idea but needs someone to administer it in the first instance. My2 probably doesnt have time and maybe this is the issue that needs addressing as in we need someone who can keep the cite up to date in general eg Weekly scores, New Recruits, Promotions etc. I dont know how I could do anything like this from my end and wouldnt want to take it on permenantly anyway though I could for say a month. If Ive notified MY2 of any changes though he seems to make them promptly.

Basically then if we want an up to date rosta, weekly scores, promotions, an assignment board rosta first we have to check with MY2 if he has time to make changes we notify him of. Then I think we would have to allocate responsibilities for each of these areas.

Baring in mind we are not keeping up to date with what we have already i.e. weekly scores should we be taking on more. I guess it depends on volunteers. If MY2 has time to post them I am willing to calculate the weekly scores and E mail them to him on a Monday or Friday especaially if I am in them king .

Anyone else want to volunteer? If youve read this far you must have some spare time Smile

I am E mailing MY2 the most up to date scores which I would normally do on Monday or Friday as follows;

Top:

Fighter; Klingan 64th

Bomber: Yarbles 21st

Atack: Floatsup 45th

Vehicle/Boat: Yarbles 31st

Overall: Klingan 12th

The European section again leading from the front Razz

Last edited by Yarbles on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 3:27 pm

Aces High Wiki is for anyone to change. Everyone cant do it (figurative speaking).

Regarding changing the homepage only My2 can do it as long he is the only webmaster. I dont know anything about setting up a homepage. But maybe I can help modify it i.e small stuff like the "first" page scores or something? I don't know if anyone asked My2 about this.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Klingan wrote:
Aces High Wiki is for anyone to change. Everyone cant do it (figurative speaking).

Regarding changing the homepage only My2 can do it as long he is the only webmaster. I dont know anything about setting up a homepage. But maybe I can help modify it i.e small stuff like the "first" page scores or something? I don't know if anyone asked My2 about this.

I have E mailed him.
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Yarbles wrote:
Klingan wrote:

I have E mailed him.

And we got the answer cheers
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:56 am

Klingan wrote:
Yarbles wrote:
Klingan wrote:

I have E mailed him.

And we got the answer cheers

I have up dated the scores and rosta!!!!! But now my brain hurts Embarassed . I suspect if a half wit computer illiterate can do that rabbit you working with computer types can take on something more complex like designing my next medal farao lol!

Seriously though we are going to need volunteers if this is going to keep going as well as it has done and maybe grow further. If we havent got enough expertise we could ask Excelsior for help. He has designed his own site for Warpers Annonymous and it looks pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:08 am

Curnutte wrote:
Thanks Nutte

Like he needs a bigger head lol!
Back to top Go down
Chungo63
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Next squad meeting   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:29 pm

As a new squad member I am unfamiliar with the format of this website. Could you please advise me of the next squad meeting? Is it posted somewhere on the site?

Thanks, Chungo63
Back to top Go down
kvuo75
Major
Major
kvuo75

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Chungo63 wrote:
As a new squad member I am unfamiliar with the format of this website. Could you please advise me of the next squad meeting? Is it posted somewhere on the site?

Thanks, Chungo63

meetings are always the last sunday of the month, at 2pm eastern time

we usually meet in the training arena.
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 am

Chungo63 wrote:

Thanks, Chungo63

Chungo if you give me a contact E mail address I will E mail you any meetings and events I am notified of via the squad data base mailing list you can pm me or E mail ag@bmcm.co.uk.

Sometimes the squad meeting is re scheduled for example when in co incides with a public holiday weekend. Like that holiday when you try to celebrate your independance from our benevolent colonial rule scratch
Back to top Go down
Saffron
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
Saffron

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:01 pm

lol! lol! lol!

benevolent colonial rule!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Saffron wrote:
lol! lol! lol!

benevolent colonial rule!

lol! lol! lol!

You can laugh but look at the quality of life in Canada, New Zealand and Australia Wink . Low crime rate, high employment good welfare and the Queen, you gave all that up for cheap tea which you dont drink No lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:33 pm

That and the right to shoot anydamn body we please.... I think we got a good trade!!!!?????...lol
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 am

marcds wrote:
That and the right to shoot anydamn body we please.... I think we got a good trade!!!!?????...lol

And you seem to excersise that right every chance you get lol! lol! bom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008   Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Minutes 29th June 2008
Page 1 of 1