(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meeting of 10/26/08

Go down 
+2
Klingan
Curnutte
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

Meeting of 10/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:32 pm

In attendance for this historic day were as follows
Marc , Klingan ,Kvuo , 83 , Nutte , Mobius , Ean , Zack and later Voids
The First order of biz was a vote of Yarbles to be the new CO for the next interim period of time .
Votes were cast and Yarbles is now the new CO due to a landslide victory . ( You heard it here first ) and his endorsement is officially locked .

It was also discussed that the duties and requirements of the CO and also the committee be displayed and installed so if a member needs something that person can contact the correct person for the job . This is considered vital and of utmost importance so all members know and understand the job of each of these assignments. And also the names of the individuals be posted for display in our web page for access by all members.

There was also a discussion of the members of the committee who are as of now. The CO , Klingan , Floatsup , 8313jbx , Nutte . This has been the case since Marc as CO had installed it for squad functions and merchandising and promotions . and misc items that may require a decision of more than one member.

As far as Yarbles intentions of medals ; The discussion here is very hard to say the least . The main thought of awards is well recieved on a basic plan , however it was and is thought that medals could cause damage to the squad by people not behaving correctly due to the process of earning a perticular achievement . However a person doing some worth while activity such as heroism , saving the day , getting a hanger down for a capture , sneaking troops in for a surprise base capture . or something along those lines was perfectly acceptable and should be handed out . But again proposals and requirements need to be written and posted . A basic medal of victorys is considered to be warranted with a number of 100 or 200 something like that but able to be attained by all members as the number of hours a member plays is varied and different . This is a difficult area of discussion and it has been thought that more should be thought of and posted for review by the squad on the whole .

The rank list was and is a controversial topic ! This goes 50/50 with Precision at the moment and it has been found to have uses and requirements . At the same time how far does it go and what can a person do with it . It was determined that we need more info on this as well. As it now stands rank is symbolic primerially and it is accorded to duties outside of the arenas and as a level of achievement . The new CO will have to provide us with his guidelines and proposals to see where this will take us .

Afterwards we held a squad scramble with a few sets of planes flown and was enjoyed by all present .

thank You Nutte the Janitor flower
Back to top Go down
Klingan
Överste
Överste
Klingan

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:21 am

All Hail Yarbles the new CO king

And an extra big HAIL to our Janitor Nutte for those extremly well put words on the meeting minutes.

I will bow as a humbel servant to your wisdom.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Mobius
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
Mobius

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:46 pm

bounce d farao Like a Star @ heaven thanks janitor nutte
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Mil Academy   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:00 pm

I did not attend Wentworth Military Academy for nothing . I learned somewhat how to write from a teacher of mine who just so happened to be a Capt. in Green Berets yet also had a B.A. in English Literature . Then when class was over I shot my machine gun and enjoyed myself . cheers cheers cheers
Thank You Nutte
Back to top Go down
THUDMAN
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Medals are for pussies.

Give me beer and I will fly every mission naked!
Back to top Go down
Curnutte
Captain
Captain
Curnutte

PostSubject: Thudman   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 am

Lance I thought you flew naked anyways !!!!! pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:12 pm

I heard it was naked with a sheep on his lap!! cyclops No No
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Curnutte wrote:
In attendance for this historic day were as follows
Marc , Klingan ,Kvuo , 83 , Nutte , Mobius , Ean , Zack and later Voids
The First order of biz was a vote of Yarbles to be the new CO for the next interim period of time .
Votes were cast and Yarbles is now the new CO due to a landslide victory . ( You heard it here first ) and his endorsement is officially locked .

It was also discussed that the duties and requirements of the CO and also the committee be displayed and installed so if a member needs something that person can contact the correct person for the job . This is considered vital and of utmost importance so all members know and understand the job of each of these assignments. And also the names of the individuals be posted for display in our web page for access by all members.

There was also a discussion of the members of the committee who are as of now. The CO , Klingan , Floatsup , 8313jbx , Nutte . This has been the case since Marc as CO had installed it for squad functions and merchandising and promotions . and misc items that may require a decision of more than one member.

As far as Yarbles intentions of medals ; The discussion here is very hard to say the least . The main thought of awards is well recieved on a basic plan , however it was and is thought that medals could cause damage to the squad by people not behaving correctly due to the process of earning a perticular achievement . However a person doing some worth while activity such as heroism , saving the day , getting a hanger down for a capture , sneaking troops in for a surprise base capture . or something along those lines was perfectly acceptable and should be handed out . But again proposals and requirements need to be written and posted . A basic medal of victorys is considered to be warranted with a number of 100 or 200 something like that but able to be attained by all members as the number of hours a member plays is varied and different . This is a difficult area of discussion and it has been thought that more should be thought of and posted for review by the squad on the whole .

The rank list was and is a controversial topic ! This goes 50/50 with Precision at the moment and it has been found to have uses and requirements . At the same time how far does it go and what can a person do with it . It was determined that we need more info on this as well. As it now stands rank is symbolic primerially and it is accorded to duties outside of the arenas and as a level of achievement . The new CO will have to provide us with his guidelines and proposals to see where this will take us .

Afterwards we held a squad scramble with a few sets of planes flown and was enjoyed by all present .

thank You Nutte the Janitor flower

cheers

I sense from the minutes that my ideas about recognition are cautiously acceptable as long as they do not create negative tendancies in the squad.

Tendancies to be avoided:

1) Excessive milk running.

2) The pursuit of rank and medals to the dettriment of everything else.

3) The exclussion of squaddies from the process who dont have enough time in any given tour.

4) Individuals assuming authority where it is not justified.

5) Individuals losing their place/position in the squad due to not wanting to participate in the process but still wanting to enjoy what the squad has to offer in general.

6) (If I was there I would have added) the need for objectivity and transparency in all of this so its fare and seen to be fare how people are recgniosed.

I dont see any of the above as insermountable and can be easily incorporated in any system. Nothing is mandatory and no one is obliged to participate in rank or medals or attend meetings as it stands and I dont intend to change that. I dont propose to reccomend any system which does not take account of the five principles above.

My aim is to try to make the squad more not less fun by making us better at what we do as a group and as individuals. I think my ideas given a short time to embed will achive this. I think we need to suck it and see now. I am only CO for as long as you want me to be, but while I am I need some liscence to act. If people dont run with my ideas and they dont achive anything Ill step down as soon as that becomes apparent and hope someone else can do better. Very Happy

To that end I will draft some fighter medal proposals with the 6 principles in mind that I hope we can give a try out to now.

I will then try and sort out a promotion structure for the commitee to deliberate on and hopefully get substantially accepted within this tour.

finally we need some kind of constitution because it looks like we are making it up as we are going along and if we are to grow and have big events and merchandise we need to beocme more like a club or society. (This will take time).

I am confident all of this can work well for everyone involved given a chance bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of 10/26/08   Meeting of 10/26/08 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting of 10/26/08
Page 1 of 1