(+)Precision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(+)Precision

Aces High Squadron

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scrimmage Squad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Scrimmage Squad Empty
PostSubject: Scrimmage Squad   Scrimmage Squad EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 pm

After discussions with Floats and Klingan its apparent we agree that the squad laks fighter skills and fighting together as a squad skills. Klingan has agreed to run sessions with me and anyone else who can come along on Tuesdays initially to work on this. Unfortunately it will be 8.30 onwards (3.30 EST) so attendance will be difficult. If someone who is more EST friendly could do something similar all the better eg Floats, Kvuo Marc.

In the meantime if its only me and Kling I will be his wingman if we have 3 he gets 2 wingmen if its 4 we have some fights 2 on 2 etc in the DA.

Klingan is particularly good on situational awareness and way up there in the squad in ACM's and Marksmanship. In general we all need practice and to learn to fly toghether.

I personally would like us to develop a strong fighter team that can take on all comers and work together as well as we have done in the past in bombers. Basketball
Back to top Go down
marcds
Brig. General
Brig. General
marcds

Scrimmage Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmage Squad   Scrimmage Squad EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 pm

I really need help/training in good fighter tactics, to this day I still can not figure out how to roll my plane over like most everyone else seems to be able to do.
I do know that we do not work well together with one pulling out a target and some one else shooting him down.
we need to work on working together... and I know I am easily distracted and go running after the first con that looks like an easy kill..
Back to top Go down
Yarbles
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Yarbles

Scrimmage Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmage Squad   Scrimmage Squad EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:57 am

marcds wrote:
I really need help/training in good fighter tactics, to this day I still can not figure out how to roll my plane over like most everyone else seems to be able to do.
I do know that we do not work well together with one pulling out a target and some one else shooting him down.
we need to work on working together... and I know I am easily distracted and go running after the first con that looks like an easy kill..

I had a session with Klingan last night and he really seems to know his stuff.
I flew as no1 and him as no2 so he could see where I was going wrong and he told me in no uncertain terms pale which actually was great bounce

What this needs is patience and disciplne so you dont make obvious miskakes and lots of practice to read E states etc.

Donts:

1) Go diving after the first pottential kill you see and blow all your e while falling into the clutches of a load of lower cons.

2) Don't lose sight of your wing man and go off on your own adventure.

3) Keep an eye on your speed especially when climbing you may find your self virtually standing still. You may have height but with a con inbound you need speed to turn.

Do:

1) Let your Wingman know what you are doing.

2) Keep looking around you all the time and let your wingman know if you need your six covering.

3) Make sure you are available to clear your wingmans six.

Kling got about 6-8 kills for about 2 deaths I got 3 for 2 which is above my average. When I got killed I always new why and where i had gone wrong. It was great fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrimmage Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmage Squad   Scrimmage Squad Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrimmage Squad
Page 1 of 1